Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Q&A

Old 01-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

The problem with any type of review is getting all the facts, all the time. What about the shipment that went to the wrong house? What if it hadn't been recovered? Then it's a he said/she said argument, with someone getting labelled as bad to deal with when they did nothing wrong.
We just can't have that even once. Get paid before you ship and insure the shipment. Then everyone is protected.
The only way to deal with problems is contact us for direction, and then if a warning is warranted, we can post it.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
be nice to get a user name so others are aware to stay away from this a$$hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZRaTTy View Post
Well If this story is true, which I'm sure it is.. I see no reason to allow this person to remain on this site. These are the kinds of people that need to be gone and not return.

I remember an "all" out war about a skimmer that was loaned and never returned and then the guy tried to sell it on Buy/Sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
be nice to get a user name so others are aware to stay away from this a$$hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZRaTTy View Post
Well If this story is true, which I'm sure it is.. I see no reason to allow this person to remain on this site. These are the kinds of people that need to be gone and not return.

I remember an "all" out war about a skimmer that was loaned and never returned and then the guy tried to sell it on Buy/Sell.

benefit of the doubt , for all i know in situation one is he could of had some sort of life changing problem that left him short changed that i was never told, ive been in those boats before and it isnt alot of money( $100) so i just cut my losses

second scenario i blame myself for rushing and i knew better to send stuff out without some sort of payment , this was the risk i took and figured it would turn out good , im sure i could have hounded for some time after or kicked up a fuss but same thing i cut my losses and for me its a youll need me before i need you scene for both.

its sad that guy number one doesnt come to the store and its sad that both members stopped posting the day this happened when they were very active members before , journals etc.

its a buyer beware and a seller bewars world , and when it comes to livestock it gets even worse

example:

a while ago i ordered some coral from ontario, first box showed up fried from the heatpaks and such a small box , replacement order was sent out and this one also didnt do well , after sending some frags out to the guy for a trade plus replacements that didnt make it the second time, i got my third box..... i did get the replacements but no trades for the coral i sent the previous week.

now this situation actually turned out great cause i now know theres not much to gain on either side , hes out three times the coral and im out some pieces and extra shipping charges plus some frags i sent.

we chatted and actually laughed a bit we boith didnt really think it through and no matter how we did it we were both going to be out , so we just laughed and said it happens , this was acvtually a great buy and im doing another when ever i can....itsd alot to do with how both soides handle it.

my new policy is i replace a full DOA order and cover all costs which ive never had to do yet including a package that was lost to bc for 6 days , and if theres any single doas i replace and shipping is split.

as far as saying peples names and such i dont think thats fair , or the right thing to do , its a world where every purchase and financial decision has to be taken with caution and at the same time allow for some risk , not all will turn out great but ive sent maybe 300 boxes out in my past and ive been burned by less then a few and i always try to fix any problems that may be caused on my side as the shipper , its what i would expect if iwas the customer and what i do as the seller

with shipping livestock if thers any hold ups theres a loss .

cost me about $80 to send a box to ontario , so if a guy orders $300 worth of coiral and shipping is free theres only one attemt to make a profit thats small , if theres replacement then the loss is larger then the profit was to begin with , as a seller we learn to minimize loss to cover our own ass and to make sure customers are happy.

to this day the best corals i ever got have been shipped , prob from poeple i dont know and even right now dropping a couple thousand on a us company for goods that may never even get sent lol.....risk

cheers

denny
Old 01-06-2014, 03:40 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
The problem with any type of review is getting all the facts, all the time. What about the shipment that went to the wrong house? What if it hadn't been recovered? Then it's a he said/she said argument, with someone getting labelled as bad to deal with when they did nothing wrong.
We just can't have that even once. Get paid before you ship and insure the shipment. Then everyone is protected.
The only way to deal with problems is contact us for direction, and then if a warning is warranted, we can post it.
i agree it would never happen as then someone has to play judge and gather facts which is tough when two poeple live across the country from each other , sometimes people blow the handle before the other guy has a chance to reply( happened to me , sorry guy!!!!)

best thing we can do as a community is buy with caution , business or not things may work out or not work out as i said its often that it does work out or theres a reason for things that arnt known.

i honestly dont think anyone comes here to scam or take advantage , its more of a bad decision scenarios that lead to dead ends.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Kait is on a distinguished road

I participate in another forum that has an extensive b/s/t portion - it's actually the reason that most of us had joined the community. We use a v-trader system, that after each transaction you can leave a rating and a comment. I know others have mentioned this, so I just wanted to chime in that it works pretty well. If everyone leaves a comment ("transaction was good, but was shipped to wrong address" or whatever the case may be), then it's buyer beware and everyone can make an informed decision.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 PM

sirruckus is on a distinguished road

guys and gals - just like any review, there are good and bad. If something "out of the ordinary" happens and provides a negative review towards someone, and yet the person still have other positive reviews - dealt with reefers I might know, I'll deal with them.

to consider protecting the innocent person who rightfully did something, but accused of not doing it - as apposed to helping point out the real scammers..... doesn't seem to be a priority I can really wrap my head around
Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Denny the guy your talking about has a whole different story but that's between you and him. I sent the same guy something with the agreement to "pay me when you can." I didn't have a problem at all getting paid. Maybe it depends in the deal
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Denny the guy your talking about has a whole different story but that's between you and him. I sent the same guy something with the agreement to "pay me when you can." I didn't have a problem at all getting paid. Maybe it depends in the deal
i bet lol which one?

i guess thats how it goes theres always two sides , who wants to say " i burned that guy" or would admit it if a deal is pending with you?? with the second instance it was admitted it wasnt my fault and still didnt get paid , in fact and exact words " your stuff was great but im not paying for the other guys corals" for the second instance i think it was more of the other half of the order through the vendor , in any case there were lots of " ill send money " from both sides but nothing ever came from it and in the second case i covered all costs on all sides up front and on a promise.

i still have all the emails if it really came down to it for both cases as i get email notifications from canreef for pms and both instances were dealt through pm here , so theres def an easy way to tell one from the other lol
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
R.I.P.

i guess be lucky you got paid lol

if it helps ive never met the second guy in person its all been through emails only

first guy i know and met several times now and lives here in calgary , ive seen him from time to time but like i said it was $100 so said screw it
Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
i guess be lucky you got paid lol

if it helps ive never met the second guy in person its all been through emails only

first guy i know and met several times now and lives here in calgary , ive seen him from time to time but like i said it was $100 so said screw it
A little off topic, But Hey Denny can I borrow a hundred bucks!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
A little off topic, But Hey Denny can I borrow a hundred bucks!
dude you still never paid me for that tank i gave you lol