Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 01-14-2009, 05:18 AM

Todd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Todd

I am having a few problems with L1/L2, L3/L4. I had my Dimmable ballast and Tunze split on one port, this resulted in my ballast 'jumping' outputs along with the tunze, it would still dim and turn off correctly. I tried to put my LED bars together with the tunze on a splitter, but when I program them the LED bars take up two ports in the programing (one for blue lights, one for red).

Is this a hardware problem? How can this be resolved
Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am not sure what you mean by "jump outputs" but you can not run Tunze and LED on the same port pair.

It is also advisable to keep dimmable lighting on a seperate port as depending on how you have wired it the ballast can use both ports.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Hi

I am not sure what you mean by "jump outputs" but you can not run Tunze and LED on the same port pair.

It is also advisable to keep dimmable lighting on a seperate port as depending on how you have wired it the ballast can use both ports.
So even though I only have three devices I can only run two devices on four ports?

By jumping I mean this: The dimmable ballast runs correctly when it is on L1/L2 by itselft, but when I split the port using a splitter and put a tunze on the other port, the ballast changes outputs with the tunze, but still switches on and off correctly.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 AM

Dimmable ballasts will use two ports as they are dual mode and can be dimmed independantly, however you can wire them together.

LED sticks and spots use two ports as they are dual channel.

Tunze use one port each.

Do not mix and match tunze with dimmable always have running on sperate ports i.e dimmable on L1L2 and Tunze on L3L4

if you are out of ports you can use the PLM-4L card.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Dimmable ballasts will use two ports as they are dual mode and can be dimmed independantly, however you can wire them together.

LED sticks and spots use two ports as they are dual channel.

Tunze use one port each.

Do not mix and match tunze with dimmable always have running on sperate ports i.e dimmable on L1L2 and Tunze on L3L4

if you are out of ports you can use the PLM-4L card.
Thanks for your help quick replys as always! I was having alot of problems getting trying to get it to work. I am disapointed that I cant do this with my current configuration, I'll look into the expansion card.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:04 PM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road

Ok i know this has been asked befor but I moved my sump down to the basement I now need to move the the controller down stairs BUT I need to have power bars upstairs for my lights can I use a standard rj11 phone cable to make the longer run if so how long of a run can I make if not how long of a cable can I get for the porfilux.

Thanks
Doug
Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 PM

VSL-5 cable can be dasiy chained to 50'
Old 01-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Gordon H is on a distinguished road
Default Mounting Bracket for Profilux Controller

I have a Profilux II Plus controller and I want to mount it on a wall. At one time I understood that Profilux was going to make one -then they decided against it. If anyone else has mounted it on a wall, can they tell me how they did it?

Thanks in advance,
Gord.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:56 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

Hi Gordon

I have seen a small shelf made with L brackets. The shelving material pulled forward about an inch and a half from the wall for plugs and connection cords to come off the back of the ProfLux and fall toward the floor. I have installed mine on top of a small cabinet that is pulled away from the wall about the same distance as the shelf described above.

Tom R
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM

Gordon H is on a distinguished road
Default Profilux mounting

Hey Tom,

Thanks for you reply. That sounds like a great solution for mounting horizontally. I am trying to mount mine with the bottom flat against the wall so that the display is pointing up toward the ceiling and the cords are pointing down toward the ground. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Gord.