Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road
Default ATI Powermodule ~~ Now with pictures over tank!! ~~

I am going to purchase a 10 bulb 48" ATI Powermodule within the next two weeks, I have finally decided to go T5's for a number of good reasons.

Anyone else looking to get one of these?

If so maybe we can find a deal if we partner up....... The best prices I have found so far are south of the border unfortunately but I will be contacting some of the local sponsors.

Ian

Last edited by Oceanic; 11-06-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:45 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road
Default hey

check out ken at blueworld aquatics i just purchased a 60 inch power mod very good price and he got it for me quickly so he was competitive with reef geek i ordered me mp40 from the states got a smoking price but the duties killed me so
Old 10-22-2009, 03:57 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

IMO anything more then 6 tubes wouldnt get you much saving in terms of energy and $.
I am using 6 bulb T5 Tek and just to replace 6 bulbs after 20% discount i paid $164.60.

regular price on a 48" tube is $34+tax

if you get 10 bulbs you are pushing up to 300 or more depending on your tube preference.

For a 48" tank you can get very good SPS growth and color with two 250W MH for a lot less .
Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
IMO anything more then 6 tubes wouldnt get you much saving in terms of energy and $.
I am using 6 bulb T5 Tek and just to replace 6 bulbs after 20% discount i paid $164.60.

regular price on a 48" tube is $34+tax

if you get 10 bulbs you are pushing up to 300 or more depending on your tube preference.

For a 48" tank you can get very good SPS growth and color with two 250W MH for a lot less .
I have some really good growth under my 2 x 250W Pheonix 14k bulbs but I also have to deal with the heat all summer because of where the tank is located. Together with the chiller running I will use more power staying with the HQI setup vs T5's. I also agree bulbs can be expensive but I also buy them wholesale out of the U.S. for much cheaper than around here.

My tank is VERY heavy in SPS and I need more light and better control of the spectrum.....

Old 10-31-2009, 08:56 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
I have some really good growth under my 2 x 250W Pheonix 14k bulbs but I also have to deal with the heat all summer because of where the tank is located. Together with the chiller running I will use more power staying with the HQI setup vs T5's. I also agree bulbs can be expensive but I also buy them wholesale out of the U.S. for much cheaper than around here.

My tank is VERY heavy in SPS and I need more light and better control of the spectrum.....

In that case i would agree with you.
BTW after i got new 10K, Fiji Purple and 14K KZ bulbs from J&L, SPS responding very rapidly with new growth and better polyp extention !
maybe because i also finaly had to clean the reflectors LOL.

This year i am replacing actinics with Fiji Purple's if anyone is wondering ask me later how SPS will do wthout actinics.
Current bulb config is :
Two KZ 10K's
Two KZ 14K's
Two Fiji Purples.

Sorry about highjack,
i think ATI is a great T5 fixture. It just was just a bit much to see a bill of $165 for 6 new T5 tubes LOL.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Yeah my bill for 12 80w bulbs was around $400. I'm not looking forward to ever replacing those.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
In that case i would agree with you.
BTW after i got new 10K, Fiji Purple and 14K KZ bulbs from J&L, SPS responding very rapidly with new growth and better polyp extention !
maybe because i also finaly had to clean the reflectors LOL.

This year i am replacing actinics with Fiji Purple's if anyone is wondering ask me later how SPS will do wthout actinics.
Current bulb config is :
Two KZ 10K's
Two KZ 14K's
Two Fiji Purples.

Sorry about highjack,
i think ATI is a great T5 fixture. It just was just a bit much to see a bill of $165 for 6 new T5 tubes LOL.
Yeah the bulbs will be a little pricey but I can get all 10 new bulbs for $265.00 shipped to my door wholesale from one of my suppliers. T5 bulbs don't need to be replaced as often as Halides especially with the ATI Powermodule as it actively cools each bulb for better performance and life.

ATI Blue +
UVL super actinic
KZ Fiji Purple
ATI aquablue
ATI Blue +
UVL 75/25
ATI Blue +
KZ Fiji purple
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue +

This will be the order in the ATI fixture.

Last edited by Oceanic; 10-31-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 PM

I just received my 10 bulb ATI Powermodule via DHL and will be setting it up with reviews and pictures tonight. Hopefully people will want to tag along to see how it looks out of the box and installed.

Ian
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road
Default light

mine comes in thursday
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to seeing these up and running.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.