Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Have you tries looking on port forward.com for your router and instructions? Also to access it from your phone you will need a static dns hosting service. I am currently using no-ip.com for mine and works great.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:01 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

I also have Apex and Telus which took a while to get going... that was due to wrong Netmask, Gatweway and Primary/Secondary DNS servers.
Once I got all that figured out, it was a piece of cake.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:59 AM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Well, I gave up and hope that Apex will be releasing the Apex Fusion soon. Telus first level tech support sucks and am not a fan of paying them on an hourly basis for them to tell me that it will not work. I don't think I can change the router as I need it for telus HD TV and don't want to sign up and pay for additional dns service either.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 10-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Reef View Post
Well, I gave up and hope that Apex will be releasing the Apex Fusion soon. Telus first level tech support sucks and am not a fan of paying them on an hourly basis for them to tell me that it will not work. I don't think I can change the router as I need it for telus HD TV and don't want to sign up and pay for additional dns service either.

If you pm me your apex net settings along with your ip address I'm fairly sure I can spot the issue.

Cheers,
Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the offer. I may just do that. I was finally able to get it working on the mobile device via wifi however it does not want to work on my desktop now. Prob b/c I changed the port... Now I can figure out how to access outside of wifi without going the route of DNS that would be awesome or just wait for the new Apex Fusion to be released.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM

Rayne is on a distinguished road

I had that same issue with Telus and my Apex for a long time. I would get it working on a port, then a week later it would stop working. I would change the port and get it to work again, and then it would stop. I concluded that Telus was blocking the Apex server somehow and closing up the ports. I've snice moved and no longer have Telus.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

On desktop. You have to enter your ip for the apex and then slash port number

For example: 192.168.1.78/8080
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Also what you have to remember is your external IP address is dynamic and changes. So every once in a while you'll have to change it in the app so you can access the apex when you're away from home