Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Supplies

Old 05-25-2016, 12:29 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the video. Looks like another month before we see it. I hope that giant box isn't their actual production model.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:38 AM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

You can play video games on that thing
Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
You can play video games on that thing
I'd never have leave my fish tank!
Old 05-25-2016, 01:53 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

Built in wifi??!!!??! Wow a $3 add on!!!!!!!! I was dumbfounded when I dropped a grand for the apex and auto feeder and how dinosaur age the hardware and software was.

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 05-25-2016, 03:31 AM

I think the new software interface is the selling point. Current owners probably won't care but people in the market for a new controller will probably like the touch screen simplicity offered now by Neptune among others. The older style which had people digging through menus to find and change things is pretty archaic by todays standards and this brings them more up to date and able to compete with other controllers that have already or are in the process of updating as well. I don't think it offers more functionality than the old controller, just simplicity for new users. The Vertex controller will be interesting to see as well.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Nice looking unit Ray. I've been debating on trying out a controller someday and was liking the looks of the Aquatronica Deluxe Touch model but wasn't keen on the power bar and it seems it freezes up if you leave the touch screen on. Now this one comes out at about the same price with a more functional powerbar and only one interface instead of three. Hopefully Neptune didn't rush this out the door to compete. Now I just gotta convince the wife why it's needed when I've done without one for years.
heh, we get 1-2 order a day that leave comments like "do NOT include invoice in box" I guess unlike you, they would rather hide it for the wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
All it is, is just grey and orange plastic.
Why did they need to do this because they ran out of customers and want everybody to buy again.
Two thumbs down.
Going Vertex all the way
John, why not tell us how you really feel? Don't hold back

Colour is irrelevant, it could have been pink for all I care. Ok, maybe not pink... :-)

They did this because like every other item know to man, there is always room for improvement. Technology advances as do the products.

http://www.reefsupplies.ca
Old 05-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
Built in wifi??!!!??! Wow a $3 add on!!!!!!!! I was dumbfounded when I dropped a grand for the apex and auto feeder and how dinosaur age the hardware and software was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I think the new software interface is the selling point. Current owners probably won't care but people in the market for a new controller will probably like the touch screen simplicity offered now by Neptune among others. The older style which had people digging through menus to find and change things is pretty archaic by todays standards and this brings them more up to date and able to compete with other controllers that have already or are in the process of updating as well. I don't think it offers more functionality than the old controller, just simplicity for new users. The Vertex controller will be interesting to see as well.
Its not just wifi, there is a LOT more and at the same price as the classic Gold. Same price + more features = winner.

It includes:

New Apex Base Unit
New Energy Bar 832
New, Lab grade, double-junction pH and ORP probes
Lab grade salinity probe
Temperature Probe
Salinity and pH Calibration Solutions

Plus.....

Built in wifi: 802.11g/n

Easier set-up: They now have a new initial setup procedure that will link you to the Apex, connect it to your Wi-Fi, and link the controller with Apex Fusion

No more firmware update: It now uses the "Apex Operating System" Neptune will notify you if an update is available and ask if you would like to apply it now or schedule it for a later time. it is as simple as “Push this Button.” to update.

The list goes on and on...have a look at their video on our FB page here https://www.facebook.com/ReefSupplies/

and https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-f...neration-apex/

http://www.reefsupplies.ca
Old 05-25-2016, 08:40 PM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-f...neration-apex/
There was some confusion about backwards compatibility they said it wasen't at first but now they say it is. Strange
Old 05-26-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Supplies View Post
heh, we get 1-2 order a day that leave comments like "do NOT include invoice in box" I guess unlike you, they would rather hide it for the wife.
It's a two way street, she has to let me know when she wants to buy stuff too. In the end we both usually get what we want without the fighting. She didn't mind that I put a $200 light bulb order in with you yesterday so she not completely unreasonable.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:18 AM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

Can we get confirmation that the double junction probes will be compatible with the now "Classic" units?