Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Now like I promised, I built a stand and a canopy for this tank. I spent the last three days working with these tools

So I had a damn good idea of what I wanted for a stand. I wanted something with a mixed Victorian / Venician style to it, but with in a budget and something that I can do myself. Now Im not a journeyman carpenter like Doug. But I sure try haha.

Now for a frame I decided to use an old friend of mine....My old 45 gallon stand, thats right the one built out of 2x6's. Terry was using it for his 30 gallon starfire cube but he suddenly got different ideas and gave it back to me....I wonder what he has planned actually hmm.

So this stand was slightly modified for Terry's cube, he had a 3 inch deep square cut into it to set his cube into to hide the base of the tank. and with the styrofoam leveler it really was only 3/4 inch deep. That cut out that Terry did was perfect for my tank, it was 20" wide and so was my tank!.

So thats the story on that stand now for pictures!

The beginnings of the canopy

More beginnings, but with the night lights one so cool!

FTS of the beginings.

And after I got the trim on with stain
[IMG]http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/bauder1986/P1010896.jpg[/IMG
]

I designed the stand to let me remove the front panel to store stuff underneath, dont mind the mess, I just moved in haha

Oh and did I mention that the bulb in my Corallife MH went on me...Yah crazy, so I needed another bulb and terry decided that he didnt have a use for this 150 watt K2 Viper at the moment, so he let me use it till I got mine running again! He is a pretty nice guy eh! Gives me my stand back, loans me his MH. haha Thx Terry!

And the FTS of the finished product!