Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough
Default You think aptaisia are bad....

They're easy to deal with. I have a pocillopora problem that's getting a bit silly, and I'm not sure I can find something to eat it I currently have about 60 buds growing all over the place, it's a bit ridiculous.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:49 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Dwarfs angels seemed to enjoy my pocci colonies, there fun to watch grow though got any photos?

Blue clove polyps did the same thing in my tank, was cool at first but they grow EVERYWHERE so they getting a little irritating.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 AM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem at the moment......I don't get it... the mother colony recently RTNed on me......but I've since noticed at least 10-15 babies sprouting up
Old 06-20-2011, 03:24 AM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

why is this stuff bad? i just bought a frag of it yesterday
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I don't harvest from my Pocillopora mother colony when I create new frags. I chip them off of the rocks... Has anyone ever observed the actual spawning event? I've read that they're self fertilizing but it would be pretty cool to watch when the colony releases. The closest I've come to seeing a coral spawn was when my anemone did it for a few nights in the spring of 2009.

So far I've just left these ones alone. They magically began to grow on my return plumbing at the top of the tank.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 06-20-2011, 03:34 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Wow, how terrible for you guys.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
why is this stuff bad? i just bought a frag of it yesterday
It's not bad to have as a colony, mine is an awesome piece, but once they reach a certain size, they'll spawn and you end up with new buds growing everywhere. I can count about 60 new ones growing on all my rock, under other corals, etc. I have to use my pruning cutters and snip them off, which is a big job
Old 06-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I know, right??
Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
it was neat at first when mine started to do it, but then it just becomes a pain.. harder than coraline algae to get off pumps glass ect.. and the worst is when you buy that new coral for that perfect spot you have been saving.. you go to put it in and there is a 2" suprise coral there all of a sudden....

as for seeing an event. ya I saw a couple in my old tank, I think there are some videos on u-tube of some one elses going. hard to see but tons of tiny spores floating out and attaching somewhere else.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Yeah, see ... I'm sorry but I'm just not feeling any sympathy. I'll trade you tank troubles any day!

"Ohhhh my corals grow TOO much. Oh it drains my soul to see them everywhere!!"

Sorry ... on the grand scale of things to whine about ... this is one of the dumber ones!!!! What's next, the colours are too bright? Oh, the saturation hurts my retinas!!! You have no idea how terrible it is!