Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 AM

DisneyCoralReef is on a distinguished road
Default Selling my Brand New Set up

Hey folks,
I am hoping someone here might be interested in this. I am looking at selling the set up I just had installed. I've flooded it once, and now up to the thousands in renos because I left the tap running(dont say anything).

Looking at selling everything: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?Ad...47822408%3B%3B

Feel free to message me if you have any questions, or advice. Hubby is completely against me selling it, but I cant imagine going through this again, because I swear I have alzheimers and forget to turn things off.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:21 AM

arash53 is on a distinguished road

WOW Thats really $975 for everything and brand new! I wish you where here
Old 08-20-2011, 02:25 AM

...I know, I know. I did price it to sell it quickly....hoping there is someone out there looking for a new set up.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:16 AM

tinman is on a distinguished road
Default flooded

sorry to hear the news,i agree with your hubby there are lots of units at a reasonable price to control such things i have flooded my place a couple of times then i got smart and bought the right equipment and never had a problem again. if it wasn't for a bad memory i would have none at all.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 AM

And he suggested to invest the money into the bells and whistles to have the tank do its own thing as far as auto top etc was concerned. I think the problem is me now. After having gone through this, I don't know that the joy of having a tank, will ever outweigh the fear of having another repeat of a flood because of one thing or another.

I'm really torn.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:04 AM

megs_clark is on a distinguished road

Id say keep it and invest in a good top off unit like the tunze and ro/di unit that automaticly shuts off!! Its not much to add a thingy to shut the ro/di unit off when it hits a certain level in your bucket, Jl sells them I think. (Im assuming its your ro unit cuz thats what I always forget to turn off) Iv sold my tanks so many times, had my last one leak, and I always end up buying another one. Your better off keeping it, with how much you have invested, to give it away for that price would suck. And you will end up spending a bunch more down the road to start up again. Buy the automatic shut off thingy and set er up when the renos are done!!! Oh and keep a good insurance company!! :O)
Old 08-20-2011, 05:49 AM

Bloodasp is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of us here have gone through issues with flooding especially when we were setting it up, I've never had one for a while now though, so I'd say avoiding this accident comes with experience. You and your hubby are at least interested in it, this is just me but I'd say the risk is worth the reward.
And yeah ATO is probably one of those good investment that will save you a lot of headaches like the flooding that you had.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

kafug is on a distinguished road

what i was thinking of doing on my tank build is waterproofing the bottom 12 or so inches of my stand as long as i have enough room to squeeze in my sump. It might not hold all the water( 20-30 gallons) but it will hold quite a bit. Better then it all ending on the floor. Just my
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 AM

Money pit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafug View Post
what i was thinking of doing on my tank build is waterproofing the bottom 12 or so inches of my stand as long as i have enough room to squeeze in my sump. It might not hold all the water( 20-30 gallons) but it will hold quite a bit. Better then it all ending on the floor. Just my
OK just thinking out load and this probably makes no sense, But how about running a drain from your waterproof stand to your sump?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 AM

bryceschutte is on a distinguished road

Did you know that most insurance plans cover you leaving a tap on.