Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 PM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

u can rly notice growth diff when looking at the monti's on the overflow.... MH pics were days before taking down old lights and setting up the LED's.... the next pic is almost 4 weeks later under LED....HUGE diff in the growth and color of the tank.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 PM

NIVLEM09 is on a distinguished road

Nice tank...love the Zoos and Acans,i just wish i knew where i can buy acans the only place i know is fragalot
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVLEM09 View Post
Nice tank...love the Zoos and Acans,i just wish i knew where i can buy acans the only place i know is fragalot
That's where all of my acans but 2 came from...I'd be careful saying that tho... I was banned for talking about that company a few months back.... stopped coming on here for quite some time cuz I thought it was VERY childish and pitiful that a certain mod (I will leave you un named for now,)banned me for something so stupid... but what can u do... took me 3 months to swallow my pride and log back into here...

You do however need to be cautious when ordering from there... He doesn't always reply very promptly.... I waited 5 months to FINALLY receive my doa/missing corals... however when I did receive them last week the order was amazing... and he did go over and above to get me what I was missing and also through in quite a few freebies that were very nice! But just be prepared to wait and stay on top of him if he doesn't answer... part of my problem is I got sooo busy with work I didn't try to communicate with him for 3 months.

Last edited by jjntm; 10-30-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM

Another big note on color intensity under LED is if you look at the blue/purple hornet zoos.... (purple/blue with yellow ring and yellow skirt) it is dull and washed out under MH yet INTENSE under LED....
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 PM

molotov is on a distinguished road

Nice system you got going there.

What length is your tank? I noticed you're only running 3 led fixtures?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 PM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

Not bad buddy, to bad my SLR is in the shop. I will come take some pics when I get it back.

Tanks looking good.
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451
Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 PM

NIVLEM09 is on a distinguished road

Ive heard stories about that "guy" who will remain anonymous but we all know im considering buying corals from him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjntm View Post
That's where all of my acans but 2 came from...I'd be careful saying that tho... I was banned for talking about that company a few months back.... stopped coming on here for quite some time cuz I thought it was VERY childish and pitiful that a certain mod (I will leave you un named for now,)banned me for something so stupid... but what can u do... took me 3 months to swallow my pride and log back into here...

You do however need to be cautious when ordering from there... He doesn't always reply very promptly.... I waited 5 months to FINALLY receive my doa/missing corals... however when I did receive them last week the order was amazing... and he did go over and above to get me what I was missing and also through in quite a few freebies that were very nice! But just be prepared to wait and stay on top of him if he doesn't answer... part of my problem is I got sooo busy with work I didn't try to communicate with him for 3 months.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molotov View Post
Nice system you got going there.

What length is your tank? I noticed you're only running 3 led fixtures?
it is 6ft long x 2 ft wide by 30" tall tank... I figured I only had the 3x 250W MH phoenix 14k bulbs running before with a 44" led moonlight strip to accent the blue and never used the 4x 96W pc bulbs before so I decided to test my luck on starting out with the 3 AI sols and adding another tunze 6105 power head (left side of tank not shown in pics,) canuckgod420 and I discussed it and figured this is the best option to start and now I will slowly add more sol's or vega's as I sell more frags or my old MH lighting fixture(anyone want to buy it? lol)
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckgod420 View Post
Not bad buddy, to bad my SLR is in the shop. I will come take some pics when I get it back.

Tanks looking good.
Sounds good... maybe then we can truly capture the colors since my iphone DOES NOT do any justice...
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 AM

for those who will ask....I am currently not dosing ca/alk/mg as last time I tested they were all high... I use regular old IO salt since I can't get my reef crystals anymore... and was dosing 4 drops of Zeovit amino acid and 6 drops of zeo pohls coral vitalizer daily, but am holding off till I get parameters back in check.

Other then that I am running the super reef octopus 3000xp skimmer in sump, the cone shaped reactor u see on JL front counter with bio-pellets and also just started to run carbon....

I feed home made mix made by canuckgod420 (AWESOME STUFF!! everything in the tank loves it!!!) and also feed seaweed, (anyone know where to buy in bulk? currently spending $3.99 per 10 sheets at grocery store, has to be somewhere better to buy.) I am hoping I have some of the asians chime in here, rich, chris, or even anthony, I know you do your research and HAVE to know by now where to get plain old seaweed from by now...

well thats about it for now... I will update with more pics in due time... once I get some real growth to happen and all parameters are back in check...