Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Peroxide has worked well for me, just time consuming. I've removed rocks and basted and that did it long term. Just blasted some with yesterday's water change, slowly chipping away it it.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Vendor

xenon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
So....bryopsis...so many different kinds, Some say to raise your mag and some say to get lettuce nudies. Well, let me tell you that I have tried everything and IT'S NOT WORKING!

Now, I have taken out all the rocks and dipped them in peroxide and so far it looks promising, I got my fingers crossed and if this doesn't work then I'll be setting up a new tank to transfer everything over and re-set the dt.
Did you use Tech M by Kent Marine?

Its not the magnesium that kills off bryopsis, it's a secret ingredient in the tech m recipe that seems to do it.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:43 PM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks buddy, I have some really good friends in the hobby that constantly hooks me up with amazing corals. One in particular....even though I tell him I am jam packed he still shows up with something amazing every time....no name mentioned but he is the whitest Asian guy I know on the island...
Don't blame your addiction on other people buddy lmao!
Sorry about the fish. Maybe it and the small orca you call an Achilles had a disagreement?
Your FTS doesn't do the tank justice. Last time I was there it looked like a completely different tank. Corals lightened up in color due to less nutrients in tank? Better flow from powerheads? Looking forward to seeing more progress.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I've given up on keeping Flashers & Fairy Wrasses just because they will jump and either carpet surf even with the glass lids (they aim for the spaces in between I'm sure) or they smack into the glass and knock themselves dead. Sorry to hear about your loss. It was a beauty. I'll have to pop in one day and check out the new tank. Looks great.

Made the mistake of adding a couple of sps into my tank and now I'm starting to check out other sps to add, like RR Red Dragon. Arrrg, this addiction is never ending. I've always liked the appropriateness of this Tank Journal's name

Anthony
Old 01-11-2016, 11:10 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Peroxide has worked well for me, just time consuming. I've removed rocks and basted and that did it long term. Just blasted some with yesterday's water change, slowly chipping away it it.
I am glad I went with bare bottom, made things so much easier. how many times did you do that Brad before it is completely eliminated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Did you use Tech M by Kent Marine?

Its not the magnesium that kills off bryopsis, it's a secret ingredient in the tech m recipe that seems to do it.
I used Tech M with several different range of mag level. I suspect it only works on certain types of bryopsis and not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
Don't blame your addiction on other people buddy lmao!
Sorry about the fish. Maybe it and the small orca you call an Achilles had a disagreement?

Your FTS doesn't do the tank justice. Last time I was there it looked like a completely different tank. Corals lightened up in color due to less nutrients in tank? Better flow from powerheads? Looking forward to seeing more progress.
I don't blame anyone except for Jess, he is the reason why I am back in.....just when I thought I can get out they pull me back in!

I will snap a better full tank shot soon.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 01-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I am glad I went with bare bottom, made things so much easier. how many times did you do that Brad before it is completely eliminated?
For the rocks I pulled and did it over the sink, first time. I have a couple rocks I did 6 months ago, still clean. I used 29% H2O2, don't get it on your hands! Or corals.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
I've given up on keeping Flashers & Fairy Wrasses just because they will jump and either carpet surf even with the glass lids (they aim for the spaces in between I'm sure) or they smack into the glass and knock themselves dead. Sorry to hear about your loss. It was a beauty. I'll have to pop in one day and check out the new tank. Looks great.

Made the mistake of adding a couple of sps into my tank and now I'm starting to check out other sps to add, like RR Red Dragon. Arrrg, this addiction is never ending. I've always liked the appropriateness of this Tank Journal's name

Anthony
If you are gluten for punishment then please, by all means, give them a try. just kidding. If you are looking for a challenge, not just to keep them alive but to manipulate the coloration then this is it! Come in to the dark side!

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 01-11-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
For the rocks I pulled and did it over the sink, first time. I have a couple rocks I did 6 months ago, still clean. I used 29% H2O2, don't get it on your hands! Or corals.
Thanks Brad, I will use that next time instead of the 3 percent.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 01-18-2016, 08:46 PM

Default Bryopsis progress report

Just want to say that the peroxide dip has slowed down the growth of my (Dave's) bryopsis dramatically. I am seeing a slight glimpse of hope. Will continue to dose vinegar and peroxide to maintain water clarity and nutrient control.

For anyone that want a reference for the dosing regime, this is what I do...I am dosing 10 ml of peroxide 3% daily and 12ml of vinegar (recommended dosage is 1 ml per 10 gallons and monitor the tank to adjust dosage), of course this is working for me but might not work for you, so it's all subjective.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 01-18-2016, 09:00 PM

[IMG]
Coral master's grape soda, I had a nub that was broken off from shipping and I put it on the disk to see if it will survive, look at it now...lol

Neat little aussie piece, color should turn out blood red, it's yellow greenish.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013