Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Old 09-28-2016, 11:17 PM

corallivore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
If you want to continue this discussion over PM, I am game.

I've said what I honestly feel and have offered some resources on where that opinion comes from.

Some breeds are inherently more dangerous than others.

I'm not interested in rehashing this debate for the amusement of others.

You can probably get the gist by reading the comments in any province article reporting a dog attack, regardless of breed anyways.

You can put the popcorn down.

Last edited by corallivore; 09-28-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:57 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I think it's pretty hard to refute that bully breeds were bred to fight, though they certainly are not the only breeds bred to fight.

I don't think I'll own another bully after this one, and it's not because I don't want one - it's because I'm so tired of the debate, the fear, the judgement, and the assumption that my dog is something she is not. It gets mundane.

SPS fanatic.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:18 AM

Potatohead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I think it's pretty hard to refute that bully breeds were bred to fight, though they certainly are not the only breeds bred to fight.

I don't think I'll own another bully after this one, and it's not because I don't want one - it's because I'm so tired of the debate, the fear, the judgement, and the assumption that my dog is something she is not. It gets mundane.
Why I couldn't own one. Having to answer to that stuff all the time must get exhausting... I'll stick with labs, lol.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Its a complete lack of education and common sense with the rest of the general public and dog owners. No matter what you say their just too stupid to see anything else.

Fear mongering morons.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:39 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the real problem is that the majority of pit owners have no common sense and a lack of education.let me be clear I'm not saying all owners just saying the majority.I'm sure that some owners are responsible and understand that they own a powerful animal that needs to be under controll around children and fenced. Let's not forget that a women lost her life.That could be your mother daughter or sister. When have you heard of deadly attacks by a golden retriever or a Chihuahua? They are a powerful animals and this needs to be respected by the owners of this dog. To manny of the owners can't provide this. A lot of the people who are attracted to this type of dog want them for the wrong reasons. Would you trust your young child with a pit ??
Old 09-29-2016, 03:58 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
Would you trust your young child with a pit ??
Absolutely! 100%

Would I trust them with a Chihuahua? Not a chance in hell.

People here need to start researching other breeds. And looking at the damage they can do and have done. Just because its not a breed in the spotlight doesn't mean it's safe.
How strong do you think those livestock dogs are that are bred to fight off cougars, bears, packs of wolves, they can do a heck of a lot more damage then any bully.
Chows, Sharpe, Basenji, Lab, Bernese, a few of the breeds I've seen court ordered put to sleep because of attacks on humans and other dogs.

People are still continually proving they have zero education or common sense on the topic. Pit bulls with good owners make one of the best family and child safe dogs around.

It's all the same crap. Fear mongering morons. EDUCATE YOURSELVES.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:06 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallivore View Post
If you want to continue this discussion over PM, I am game.
The popcorn was not directed at you, so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallivore View Post
You can put the popcorn down.
Not a chance... I really like popcorn.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:04 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
I think the real problem is that the majority of pit owners have no common sense and a lack of education.

[...]

Would you trust your young child with a pit ??
Absolutely. To both points.

I really think that laws should be changed so that owner's are 100% responsible for the actions committed by their pets, and charged as if it was the owner that committed the crime. In other words, if the dog bites someone (even if it's a Chihuahua, even if it's the first time), the owner will be charged with assault, or aggravated assault if there are many bites or lots of damage in the assault. This would change things for a lot of people I think, and hold people more accountable. There are a lot of people that don't care if their dog bites someone and must be euthanized - they'll just go get another one.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 09-29-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:13 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

I am afraid of all dog breeds, esp the smaller ones like chihuahua

Unless I know the guy who owns it and know that he/she has control and has properly trained the dog, the dog is dangerous to me.

To me, it all comes down to the owner. Yes, some breeds have a natural instinct of being ferocious but it all comes down to how they are trained and brought up. Even human has a natural instinct of being violence, doesn't mean everyone is.

Truth be told, after so many stories about dog attacks, I can hardly trust a random dog and the owner and I am always extra careful whenever I pass a dog (esp the smaller breeds). In my defense, I am a fat guy and I can't run

In the end, if you can't control a chihuahua, don't get a chihuahua. If you can't control a pitbull, don't get a pitbull. Seems like people needs to be educated more on breeds and responsibility. All breeds are not the same and are there for difference purposes with different personality - that's what makes every breed precious and unique. It all comes down to the owner.

Oh, BTW I am not a dog person; I am just a fish person

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob