Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default Clam and coral attached to shell question

I just got my clam back from my boyfirend's Dad who has had it for awhile now. I gave it to him because my CBB picked at it, however now his angelfish has started picking on it So I took it back and put it in my 20g cube with my frogfish.

It's just starting to open up a tiny bit, but I'm wondering if the piece of kenya tree coral (that's attached to the side of the clam shell) is bothering the clam or not. Anyone know if it would? I can pull it off if I need to but I'll leave it alone if it's not bothering the clam.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:23 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I think it will be ok for the time being but as the Kenya tree grows it could shade out the clam so eventually you'lll probably want to pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
I just got my clam back from my boyfirend's Dad who has had it for awhile now. I gave it to him because my CBB picked at it, however now his angelfish has started picking on it So I took it back and put it in my 20g cube with my frogfish.

It's just starting to open up a tiny bit, but I'm wondering if the piece of kenya tree coral (that's attached to the side of the clam shell) is bothering the clam or not. Anyone know if it would? I can pull it off if I need to but I'll leave it alone if it's not bothering the clam.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I think it will be ok for the time being but as the Kenya tree grows it could shade out the clam so eventually you'lll probably want to pull it off.
Well I pulled it off of the clam shell, I didn't want to risk it bugging the clam.