Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums

Old 11-28-2014, 05:44 PM

CM125 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for having a sump in stock!

Just wanted to say thanks for having a sump in stock last week! Works and looks great! Just a quick note though that my filter socks didn't quite fit in the holes, only took a couple minutes to fix but thought you want to know to check any others made at the same time. Would still highly recommend!!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM125 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for having a sump in stock last week! Works and looks great! Just a quick note though that my filter socks didn't quite fit in the holes, only took a couple minutes to fix but thought you want to know to check any others made at the same time. Would still highly recommend!!
hi

your welcome glad you like it , unfortunately our bit for socks that we drill is fixed and stays the same its the socks themselves that change slightly , the next socks you add will prob fit loosely

most times they are spot on but every now and then the mold is slightly bigger or slightly smaller.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny@concept View Post
hi

your welcome glad you like it , unfortunately our bit for socks that we drill is fixed and stays the same its the socks themselves that change slightly , the next socks you add will prob fit loosely

most times they are spot on but every now and then the mold is slightly bigger or slightly smaller.
Very good to know! Thanks
Old 11-28-2014, 08:02 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM125 View Post
Very good to know! Thanks
if it helps we drill them for the vertex line of socks they seem to be the most consistent but still it happens for sure
Old 11-29-2014, 12:17 AM

BuschWacker is on a distinguished road

I've bought socks from picses, and they are to big and don't fit the hole. The vertex I keep buying from concept fit with room to spare. Is there any way to seal them a bit better to keep dirty water from getting under the lip and going past the sock?
Old 11-29-2014, 12:23 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuschWacker View Post
I've bought socks from picses, and they are to big and don't fit the hole. The vertex I keep buying from concept fit with room to spare. Is there any way to seal them a bit better to keep dirty water from getting under the lip and going past the sock?

maybe add a small piece of liverock inside the sock to pull down on it?

once they get full of water they should sit flush unless the flange is warped ( happens sometimes in the wash with warm water) but like i mentioned most fit well while others can be slightly to tight or slightly to loose lol
Old 12-01-2014, 04:08 PM

checked on the weekend and all mine fit pretty tightly, they are all from Pisces though. Im guessing none would have fit. I always thought they were a standard size, guess not lol.