Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Modular LED

Old 12-17-2013, 02:05 AM

SteveCGY is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinmcnally View Post
Are you using the legs or the screw mounts? Haven't heard any other problems like this.
I used the screw mounts and mounted under my canopy and one side pulled out of the grooves it's "suppose" to attach to and actually fell in the water got about 15 seconds before I got it so then I switched the legs it came with and same thing one side fell out of the grooves it's "suppose" to attach to and it fell but luckily did not land in the water. There are no acrual screw holes to securely attach to just the magical "grooves". Extremely disappointed in this product. DO NOT BUY! You WILL regret it.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 PM

martinmcnally is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCGY View Post
I used the screw mounts and mounted under my canopy and one side pulled out of the grooves it's "suppose" to attach to and actually fell in the water got about 15 seconds before I got it so then I switched the legs it came with and same thing one side fell out of the grooves it's "suppose" to attach to and it fell but luckily did not land in the water. There are no acrual screw holes to securely attach to just the magical "grooves". Extremely disappointed in this product. DO NOT BUY! You WILL regret it.
If you contact ecoxotic they will send you another one under warranty. Sounds like you got the wrong screw size or something.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
If you contact ecoxotic they will send you another one under warranty. Sounds like you got the wrong screw size or something.
I tried and they were slightly unhelpful. For starters modular led is NOT an approved dealer so to start things off they were not helpful second I was NOT giving a receipt from you. So I guess lesson learned do more research of the company your buying from.(NOTE to anyone still wanting to buy this light AQUARIUM ILLUSIONS in Edmonton IS an Approved dealer and will make your life a lot easier). Also if I do manage to get a receipt they want me to ship my product which I need on my own buck back to them and they will "look" at it and fix or replace it "if" they can. Overall NOT impressed with ecoxotic or modular led. PLEASE people DO NOT go through the headache I am.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
I tried and they were slightly unhelpful. For starters modular led is NOT an approved dealer so to start things off they were not helpful second I was NOT giving a receipt from you. So I guess lesson learned do more research of the company your buying from.(NOTE to anyone still wanting to buy this light AQUARIUM ILLUSIONS in Edmonton IS an Approved dealer and will make your life a lot easier). Also if I do manage to get a receipt they want me to ship my product which I need on my own buck back to them and they will "look" at it and fix or replace it "if" they can. Overall NOT impressed with ecoxotic or modular led. PLEASE people DO NOT go through the headache I am.
Sorry I have to correct you because that is false information.

1. We are an approved dealer for Ecoxotic AND infact we are the Ecoxotic distributor for Canada.

2. I did send you a receipt in the form of a PayPal invoice if you need me to resend it I can.

3. We handle all of the warranty claims for Ecoxotic in Canada and they have never asked a customer to ship products back in the 2 years we have been the distributor. They pass the approved warranty to us and we send out the parts.

If you like I can give you Angel Sinatra's email. She oversees warranty for Ecoxitic
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Sorry I have to correct you because that is false information.

1. We are an approved dealer for Ecoxotic AND infact we are the Ecoxotic distributor for Canada.

2. I did send you a receipt in the form of a PayPal invoice if you need me to resend it I can.

3. We handle all of the warranty claims for Ecoxotic in Canada and they have never asked a customer to ship products back in the 2 years we have been the distributor. They pass the approved warranty to us and we send out the parts.

If you like I can give you Angel Sinatra's email. She oversees warranty for Ecoxitic
If your an approved dealer why am I contacting them and why did they tell me differently? Should I not be able to go through you for warranty?

I never paid through paypal nor do I have a paypal account so no idea how I would receive a paypal receipt.

All I want is a new mounting kit (doubtful that will ever happen) before a disaster happens.

O well live and learn. Two companies to avoid like a plague now.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
If your an approved dealer why am I contacting them and why did they tell me differently? Should I not be able to go through you for warranty?

I never paid through paypal nor do I have a paypal account so no idea how I would receive a paypal receipt.

All I want is a new mounting kit (doubtful that will ever happen) before a disaster happens.

O well live and learn. Two companies to avoid like a plague now.
Sorry I see you paid EMT, you can use the EMT receipt as proof of payment or I can draw up another receipt for you.

We have the spare mounting brackets here to fill warranty but Ecoxotic has to approve them. They forward all details on to us first before we fill the warranty. Their number: 760-727-7285

BTW if this was a problem why didn't you ask me for a replacement receipt? You can always ask Angel to contact me directly for a receipt. I deal with Ecoxotic everyday.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Just found this thread. I bought 2 of these and they are working well. At first I had some problems with the leg mounts and the fixture slipped off (user error). But once I figured out how to clip the legs on properly (it requires some force), it was solid. Been running these for 3 months with the one touch controller with no problems.

Last edited by Samw; 03-18-2014 at 06:38 PM.