Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM

tony_3a is on a distinguished road

Im just going to delete my whole comment and say this.

Anyways Im done arguing I could be wrong i could be right, but lets just sit back and watch how this all unfolds.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

Last edited by tony_3a; 05-25-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 PM

xblade is on a distinguished road

I don't care who's on the team or where they are from...I want the cup in Canada!I can't stand the Leafs, Flames, Oilers...But I'd be rooting for any of them if they were the last canadian team in the playoffs!
Canucks have made it to the final,hopefully 3rd times the charm.

my 2 cents

Doug
Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade View Post
I don't care who's on the team or where they are from...I want the cup in Canada!I can't stand the Leafs, Flames, Oilers...But I'd be rooting for any of them if they were the last canadian team in the playoffs!
Canucks have made it to the final,hopefully 3rd times the charm.

my 2 cents
I 100 percent agree about wanting the cup in canada.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:35 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_3a View Post
Im just going to delete my whole comment and say this.

Anyways Im done arguing I could be wrong i could be right, but lets just sit back and watch how this all unfolds.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

I can't wait.

I take nothing on these forms personally. If we posted responses on a fish forum about hockey I think it's fair to say we are all pretty passionate about the game.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Wanderer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrologist View Post
I can't wait.

I take nothing on these forms personally. If we posted responses on a fish forum about hockey I think it's fair to say we are all pretty passionate about the game.
here here
Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I can't wait.

Sorta makes me want to hit the hockey forums to share a bit about reefkeeping lol.

Keep it in Canada I say. There are no teams that are truly Canadian or American so my patriotism lies in the soil. That's one reason I really enjoyed watching Olympic hockey. That team is much more Canadian.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I can't wait.

agreed, Now i have money on boston in the series, so lets see them close it out tonight! Hope they dont collapse like they did in game 4.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 PM

2pts is on a distinguished road

HaHa, I love this line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_3a View Post
I guess all I am really saying, is shut up, go golfing with Iginla and Hall, and just sit back and watch the canucks win the cup, something neither of your teams are going to do for a very very long time.
On a side note, I love how some Canuck haters say things like "Where were the twins last series? They are way too inconsistent. Maybe them and Luongo will show up. Maybe not." A quick look at the NHL league leaders page has 4 Canuck pictures out of the 8 stats leading the league, I mean ****, H. Sedin is only leading the league in points, he should have twice as many points as he does right?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I think you missed my point. While those are very nice stats but my point was concluding a win based on Olympic games location as a result of previous coincidences is like concluding the 4th coin will land on heads as a result of 3 previous coins landing on heads. I would agree there is no presidents curse as the top team in the league should go far, pretty simple. In addition I don't buy into other curses and so called streaks which seem to be ever so popular in the sports world these days.
No, I got the point. I was responding to the quote "Does this make them more likely to win or less likely? Statistically speaking it would be less."

Statistically, the president cup winner has the better chance of winning and as useless as it is, statistically, the president cup and Canadian olympic host has a great record of winning too.

We were talking about statistics. If we were talking about probability then yes, independent events have no bearing on future events so the chances are the same, not worse. I understand that if you roll the dice once a day for 7 days and on 2 days, it was sunny and you rolled a 6 on those 2 days, then the chances of rolling a 6 on the next sunny day is 1 out of 6.

What I don't agree with is saying that because they were the Olympics host and they won the presidents Cup, their chances are worse statistically. That is my point. Statistically, it was 100% with a sample size of 2. Statistically, president cup winners win more often than not. Probability wise, their chances are no worse or better.

Last edited by Samw; 05-26-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pts View Post
HaHa, I love this line...

On a side note, I love how some Canuck haters say things like "Where were the twins last series? They are way too inconsistent. Maybe them and Luongo will show up. Maybe not." A quick look at the NHL league leaders page has 4 Canuck pictures out of the 8 stats leading the league, I mean ****, H. Sedin is only leading the league in points, he should have twice as many points as he does right?
NO where in your rambling do you show any facts on consistency in the playoffs for the Sedins and Luongo. Yes the Sedins have been good in the past few games, but there are some descent streaks in the playoffs where they have done nothing. To me this means inconsistent!

Do you want me to bring up the fact that both Sedins are -4 in the playoffs? Do you want me to remind you of Luongo getting pulled and not starting the following game? Those are also FACTS!
Closed Thread