Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

The Canucks will win the Stanley Cup, its written in the stars:
1976 Montreal hosted Olympic--->1977 Montreal President Trophy Winner---->1977 Montreal Stanley Cup Winner
1988 Calgary hosted Olympic--->1989 Calgary President Trophy Winner--->1989 Calgary Stanley Cup Winner
2010 Vancouver hosted Olympic--->2011 Vancouver President Trophy Winner--->2011 ?????
Old 05-12-2011, 05:22 AM

MKLKT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
It's only an achievment if you can put together 16 wins in the playoffs. What a team does in the regular season is irrelevant unless they can back it up in the playoffs. You can have the best record in the regular season and look nothing more than average in the playoffs. Winning the Presidents trophy is usually a death sentence in the playoffs. If the only one contributing to the offence is Kesler the Canucks are doomed to be runner up's, no matter what Luongo is like. Chicago and Nashville have made the Canucks look very ordinary and very beatable. Whether is San Jose or Detroit I wouldn't be betting the farm on them going to the finals unless there is some dramatic improvement from the other players. I am hoping for a Boston/Vancouver final as most of my family are die-hard Canuck fans and being a Bruin's fan I am really hoping for a good final but I think the Bruins will roll over the Canucks if they meet for the cup.
You can say that about each of the teams in the playoffs. Montreal almost got rid of the B's as well, and Detroit/SJ both have had huge problems in their own ways. Tampa is the team I'd be most worried about and even then it's the same deal with the stars being inconsistent too. Honestly each of the final 5 times at the moment has under performing top liners for various reasons. I don't think people gave Nashville nor Chicago enough credit. Rinne is one of the other 2 Vezina candidates for good reason, that whole team plays its system to a T. It is just Lemaire-esque boring!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can say that about each of the teams in the playoffs.
I think I did.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:44 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
The Canucks will win the Stanley Cup, its written in the stars:
1976 Montreal hosted Olympic--->1977 Montreal President Trophy Winner---->1977 Montreal Stanley Cup Winner
1988 Calgary hosted Olympic--->1989 Calgary President Trophy Winner--->1989 Calgary Stanley Cup Winner
2010 Vancouver hosted Olympic--->2011 Vancouver President Trophy Winner--->2011 ?????
Does this make them more likely to win or less likely? Statistically speaking it would be less.

Last edited by sphelps; 05-12-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:54 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Stanley Cup: Here we come!

And for all you nay sayers
Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Stanley Cup: Here we come!

And for all you nay sayers
Maybe the world did end on the weekend after all...
Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Shouldn't have gone to OT. Nice call on the icing in the final seconds of the third linesmen.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:15 AM

xblade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Shouldn't have gone to OT. Nice call on the icing in the final seconds of the third linesmen.

Lots of missed calls tonight on both sides,but that 1 was huge. It's a game of luck and bounces sometimes.And man, enough of em finally went the Knucks way tonight.. WooooHoooo

Go Canucks!

Doug
Old 05-25-2011, 05:41 AM

Rogue951 is on a distinguished road

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!! !
I neeed to find an inflatable shark and mount it on the front of my bus tomorrow!!!! but I can't find one!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Great job tonight Lou!!!! He finally stole a game for the Nucks. One of his best games this playoffs. Hope this gives him the confidence in the next, final round. Glad Lou & the Sedins have NOT been listening to all their critics. However, against Thomas (if they meet the Bruins), they're going to need more shots on goal than 20 or so.

Until the replay from a different angle, I thought the goal went in off Edler's shot off the glass. Didn't see Bieksa's almost fan-shot on net. Actually, it was a good thing he shot it like that since a straight proper shot might have simply bounced off Niemi's pads.

Anthony