Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road
Default used motorcycle gear edm???

I have been looking on kijiji every day, but does anyone else know where i can find good used ladies/mens small riding gear? i have training in 2 weeks and I only have my helmet!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

This might not be much help but I know my ex was part of some motorcycle forum that sold used stuff. No idea what the name of it is though
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I thought bikers were good with jeans sneakers and a cool Kawasaki jacket that matches their bike. Lol.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 PM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

now thats a lil close minded there patrick lol my jacket would need harley davidson written on it
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

what is it that your thinking you need flashy?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:04 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton newbie View Post
now thats a lil close minded there patrick lol my jacket would need harley davidson written on it
Ha ha! I'm joking!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:23 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Bah, I drive a harley and I can't afford a leather jacket with harley on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
I thought bikers were good with jeans sneakers
depends on how hot it is, I know in the summer I just have a t-shirt and jeans a lot, but it is often up around 40 degrees here. I had my leather jacket on when I first moved up here and I stoped at lights and was soaked. so normal for me is a jean jacket then no jacket as the heat comes out.

now for the original question when I did my riding course, I used a jean jacket, work boots, jeans and a helmet, oh and leather work gloves. after I passed my course I got the real stuff.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:45 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

It doesn't have to be leather. I also found it a tad toasty wearing leather during the heat of an Okanagan summer, so a couple of years ago I picked up a synthetic jacket ideal for summer riding. It was on sale at a local shop, don't recall the price, but probably not much more than you'd pay for used gear. It has plenty of zip vents & elbow pads for protection. Very windproof when all the vent zips are done up. As far as pants go, I often wear jeans but they offer little protection if you ever go down. I've been meaning to buy chaps, but not a fan of those really. I do have a full leather suit & another leather jacket that's pretty beefy for the cooler days. I usually wear the full leathers when I'm out on a longer trip on the highway. Feels a whole lot safer than a t-shirt & jeans, although I'm guilty in that regard as well if I'm just tooling around town. Neither of my bikes offer much in the way of windshield protection (I like 'em naked), so anything over 60 kmh, jeans & t-shirt don't cut it.

Anyhow, here's a photo of the synthetic jacket I'm talking about. I'm sure you can get something similar for a good price new to get you through the course & work on the leather goods later on. BMW also sells synthetic riding gear, but the price is too much for me to stomach, so "Shift" it is.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:06 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Thought I had a pair of leather chap that might have fit you flash but they are labeled xl even though they do fit me & I'm no where near an xl.

Most of the riding coarse's are starting to require proper riding gear for the safety factor. Everything now a days is all about safety.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 AM

Flash is on a distinguished road

i need a jacket in ladies med or mens small, i may have found gloves. and boots in a 7 ladies or 6 mens. I don't want to spend a lot of money on stuff just to get me through the course. but textile jackets are min $250 , the boots/shoes for street are in $150... expensive hobby that is for sure, which is why i am looking for used!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!