Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default "It's not mine"

Some photos from my 110g today. The rabbitfish pair and the dottyback and the teardrop clam are mine. The remaining fish and clams are Michika's until her tank is back ready, the brain coral is Discusz's, .. technically the cleaner shrimp too was also a babysitting job except it's lasted about 3 years so far, so I don't think it's temporary any longer

Didn't quite nail the focus on the top-downs. Man, I know I'm near blind but I find it ridiculous how often I upload tank pictures from the camera and think "awwww geeez, it's not in focus." ..

The top clam is really that green. I'm green with envy, I've never seen one quite like this!

The clam on the left here was a near goner and almost didn't make it past the initial triage. Glad we decided to take a chance to see if it would perk up. I'd say it did.

Here's my one clam in this tank, aiptasia, majano and all. W00t!

This middle clam, it's hard to capture in a photo, but it has the most exquisite green rim, again something I hadn't seen before. Michika you have an amazing eye for clams! Even without the green rim feature the patterning is unique and exquisite.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:43 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Man, that tank looks empty now. Nice clams, though - and gorgeous fish.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:11 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Awe I feel all warm and fuzzy seeing all my creatures. That green clam certainly does look great.

Thanks again for looking after them. Can I post your photos to my RC thread to show that not everything is dead?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Of course!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 PM

Awesome, thank you. I posed a link on my RC thread so that anyone who wants to can come see.

I'm hoping that things will be ready to roll in another couple of weeks. All the levels are dropping in the 180g, but I think I need some more LR to make sure the bacteria populations are still good to go.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:33 AM

Old 11-27-2008, 06:13 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

cool. How tall is that tank?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:23 PM

They look amazing. I am so happy they are doing so well. I definitely do miss seeing them every day!
Old 11-27-2008, 04:32 PM

And I'm going to miss them when they go home. And I think my rabbits and dottyback will miss the other fish too. It's really interesting watching them interact. When I put nori in, the 3 tangs and the 2 rabbits all approach it en masse like a school. Each one will take a bite or two and then poof, they all scatter in different directions. Then they regroup, reapproach and renibble. And then repoof, and repeat. I have to try to get a video of it before you come reclaim them. (I rewonder rehow many more rewords that start in "re" I can reuse in a single reparagraph.)

I also need to post an updated shot of Discusz's brain coral too because it has doubled in size (I didn't realize by how much until I saw again those pictures at the top of the thread!)

Wes, the tank is 30" tall - 30x30x30 cube.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:46 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Hell of a picture Tony! Beautiful clams ... *drool*