Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Yeah Denny on of my biggest issues with small tank was over feeding. But I got it world out. With 2nano fish one block of mysis will last a week. And your right I also have overstocked coral. And if sh?t goes south. It's faster in my lil tank
Old 10-11-2012, 01:44 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I would have to say my favorite tank I ever had was a 25g I had set up for 2 years on my kitchen counter. I had an aqua C HOB skimmer, aquaclear filter, heater and T5HO lights. Livestock was limited to 4 smaller fish, no sand and a real mixed bag of corals. Everthing grew like crazy, no algae or cyno ever showed up and no dosing was ever required as a one bucket water change each week did a 25% refresh. The only down side is that if you want a successful small tank you need to live by stock limitations and not just go and buy everything you want. That's were larger tanks are nice as you can have much more variety and keep thing that get to large sizes. A person can easily do a nice small set up for fairly cheap but you can sink plenty of money into a small tank as well. So in my experience smaller is easier to maintain but also can be a bit tortursome when you are at the LFS.