Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Love those sequence pics, and how you put names to all your SPS. There are still a few of mine that I am not sure of, so that really helps. Wish everyone would do that.

And when I saw your Granulosa, I think I may have that one, although the stocks on mine are more pink than green. The tips look the same though. I saw an Ice Fields Tenuis on the Mad Jelly site, which also looks similar. So am not totally sure.

Good news, is I just bought a new camera. Once I figure out how to use it (LOL), will start posting more pics of my tank and corals.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

I love progression shots! You got some serious growing power? Do you does nouc mam?

~Tony
Old 10-01-2013, 11:08 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Love those sequence pics, and how you put names to all your SPS. There are still a few of mine that I am not sure of, so that really helps. Wish everyone would do that.

And when I saw your Granulosa, I think I may have that one, although the stocks on mine are more pink than green. The tips look the same though. I saw an Ice Fields Tenuis on the Mad Jelly site, which also looks similar. So am not totally sure.

Good news, is I just bought a new camera. Once I figure out how to use it (LOL), will start posting more pics of my tank and corals.
Ya, they're fun to observe because sometimes you don't notice the growth unless you can roll back and see older pics of them! There are actually a handful of granulosa colour morphs. You could possibly have a different coloured granulosa if the growth is similar to mine :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmh View Post
I love progression shots! You got some serious growing power? Do you does nouc mam?

~Tony
You're kidding right? Nuoc tuong ! Come on man, do you even reef??

.. although, I am going to have some nuoc mam for dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvNEUFtyHk !!!

^ These guys remind me of you and Long.

Last edited by kien; 10-01-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photos

Kien your photos are turning my frown upsidedown
Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 AM

brotherd is on a distinguished road

Dude grows amazing corals and takes amazing pics of said corals. And makes it sound easy. Is there a Kien kourse for Kool koral?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:29 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherd View Post
Dude grows amazing corals and takes amazing pics of said corals. And makes it sound easy. Is there a Kien kourse for Kool koral?
Discover the methods that work for you. :-). It's as easy as you want to make it, or as hard as you want to make it. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. What's "easy" for some, may be challenging for others.

At the end if the day, the principals are exactly the same for all of us.

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable
3. Collect stuff you like.

What's different are the methods we employ to achieve the above. There are so many methods, and they all work so long as you implement them properly. That's the beauty of this hobby.

There is not just one single road, there are in fact many roads that will lead to success in this hobby :-) #LessonNumberOne
Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 PM

ashr is on a distinguished road

Loving the shots! Nice work!

Ashr's Tank Journal
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I couldn't agree more. If you ever run into someone who tells you there is only one way to do reefing, run away.

I've seen some of the nicest reef tanks with super healthy, colourful, growing corals that were KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and others that were gorgeous but with all the bells and whistles. Some use RODI, some tap. Some are almost religious about doing frequent water changes, others go months in between. Whatever works for you, stick with that. Some people have more $$ to spend on the high end equipment, others prefer to put in more work and time to so simple water changes to keep up water parameters. It really is more an ART than a science, although a lot of science does go into it.
'

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Discover the methods that work for you. :-). It's as easy as you want to make it, or as hard as you want to make it. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. What's "easy" for some, may be challenging for others.

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable

What's different are the methods we employ to achieve the above. There are so many methods, and they all work so long as you implement them properly. That's the beauty of this hobby.

There is not just one single road, there are in fact many roads that will lead to success in this hobby :-) #LessonNumberOne
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable

+1 on this as well! This is my number one advice! Kien just made it sound so deep!

~Tony
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
I couldn't agree more. If you ever run into someone who tells you there is only one way to do reefing, run away.

I've seen some of the nicest reef tanks with super healthy, colourful, growing corals that were KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and others that were gorgeous but with all the bells and whistles. Some use RODI, some tap. Some are almost religious about doing frequent water changes, others go months in between. Whatever works for you, stick with that. Some people have more $$ to spend on the high end equipment, others prefer to put in more work and time to so simple water changes to keep up water parameters. It really is more an ART than a science, although a lot of science does go into it.
'

Anthony
+1
Unless of course your Kien who is in a league of his own