Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

more sweet unbiased review action. the hunt continues!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:31 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Ok I need to sell one of my kidney for these sexy mitras. Wonder how many can I get for my kidney.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
Ok I need to sell one of my kidney for these sexy mitras. Wonder how many can I get for my kidney.
In my opinion, considering the feature set, the build quality and the actual amount of light output, I would consider the Mitras moderately priced :-). In other words, you can spend the same amount of money elsewhere and end up with a lot less.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Maybe my eyes adjusted cause I just checked my tank again and can't see any disco effect from the Mitras. Maybe your tank is too small, have you tried switching that out yet?

And where are you getting all these fixtures from? I think Dave might need better security
Old 12-16-2012, 08:47 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post

And where are you getting all these fixtures from? I think Dave might need better security
I was just thinking the same thing!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

I haven't been doing as much lurking on the forum this summer/fall as usual so I totally didn't know you had a tank crash this summer! Looks like 2012 was a rough year for alot of us. Sorry to hear about the total loss but going by the last few pages of this thread, you can see why I didn't notice.

I'm quite envious of you guys in Calgary. It would take me years to collect that many awesome frags and colonies and you've repopulated your tank with a plethora of pure amazingness in just a few short months.

Thanks as well for the reviews on the radion, kessil and mitras. From what I've read online, it seems like the Mitras is definately a step up from all of the other modular LED fixtures currently on the market.

I can only guess you may be "borrowing" a Radion pro once they hit the shelves?

Corals are all looking great BTW.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Maybe my eyes adjusted cause I just checked my tank again and can't see any disco effect from the Mitras.
Maybe you are just one of the lucky ones who are not as suceptable to the disco effect. The Mitras do a good job of reducing it with a tighter array unlike the Radions. Mind you, even with Radions there are those who don't notice disco with them. And of course there is also the possibility that you would just simply get used to it :-)

It kind of reminds me if the early days of DLP Projectors. Are you familiar with those? They have a spinning colour wheel. The first and second gen DLP projectors had horribly slow spins on their colour wheel and some people noticed colour banding as a result. Not everyone noticed it but a lot of people did. Then they sped up the colour wheel and gradually reduced the effect. Fewer and fewer people could pick up the colour banding (ie rainbow effect). I have a 4th gen DLP projector in my home theatre with a 6x speed colour wheel and I can still occasionally see the rainbow effect but rarely any of my guests do.

Last edited by kien; 12-17-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Those? .. Not those!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
Corals are all looking great BTW.
Thanks! I do consider myself lucky to be living in Calgary. We have lots of cool **** :-). I don't even mind the traffic. I used to live in Toronto so I know how bad it could be.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Thanks! I do consider myself lucky to be living in Calgary. We have lots of cool **** :-). I don't even mind the traffic. I used to live in Toronto so I know how bad it could be.
dude, you don't really know Calgary traffic because your work is like 2 minutes drive from your home so shut the ***** up!!!!! :-D
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
dude, you don't really know Calgary traffic because your work is like 2 minutes drive from your home so shut the ***** up!!!!! :-D
Yes, you are right Tai. I have a very easy 5 min commute to work with virtually no traffic. And this is exactly why I don't mind Calgary traffic (from my perspective). I don't really experience what goes on beyond my 5 km radius of work-chinook centre-Deerfoot meadows. So ya, im sure traffic is horrible elsewhere in the city, but i dont live elsehwere. I live where i do because traffic is nice here :-)

Having said that, I am a strong believer of the notion that if there is something you can change, don't bitch about it. Don't like your commute? Move. It's not like there is a shortage of housing in the city. Or wait, did someone force you to live where you live??? :-)