Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 07-05-2007, 03:21 AM

dogboy is on a distinguished road
Question LF: ASM Skimmer

Anyone in the Edmonton area have a ASM G2 or a G1X they are thinking of selling????

I've been running my 100 gal FOWLR skimmerless for over 8 months now and i think it is about time I started running a skimmer im my sump!!
Old 07-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

A 100g fowlr should probably have a G3 at least. I'm putting a G4+ on my soon-to-be 120g fowlr. Of course, I will also be using it to skim my seahorse/frag tank (60g approx).

PM Mike at Hidden Reef for their ASM skimmers. Best prices around as far as I can tell & free shipping too.

Fowlrs are usually higher bioload than reefs & while fish can "stand" higher nutrient levels, the price dif. between a G2 & a G3 is minimal, but the difference in skimming ability is double (IMO).

Anthony
Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Skimmer

I figured that since i have been skimmerless for so long that any skimming is better than nothing.... and the G2 is rated for double my tank size.....but all that aside... it doesn't take a whole lot to prod me into buying bigger and better, I am a reefer after all !!!
Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 AM

crystalz is on a distinguished road
Default asm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogboy2365 View Post
I figured that since i have been skimmerless for so long that any skimming is better than nothing.... and the G2 is rated for double my tank size.....but all that aside... it doesn't take a whole lot to prod me into buying bigger and better, I am a reefer after all !!!
Speaking from experiance I have a G1X on a 78 with a 45 gal sump/fuge, and I would have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with the way this skimmer works. I even designed this sump especially for this skimmer so it's been a big let down. My CSS worked better! If you want I'll sell you mine but can honestly say you are probably better off with a bigger one. I'm gonna build my own which is also an option you may want to look at. They are really easy to make and there are a lot of designs and plans on the inet. Anyways... Just my 2 cents
Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalz View Post
Speaking from experiance I have a G1X on a 78 with a 45 gal sump/fuge, and I would have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with the way this skimmer works. I even designed this sump especially for this skimmer so it's been a big let down. My CSS worked better! If you want I'll sell you mine but can honestly say you are probably better off with a bigger one. I'm gonna build my own which is also an option you may want to look at. They are really easy to make and there are a lot of designs and plans on the inet. Anyways... Just my 2 cents
PM'ed ya!