Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2017, 04:21 AM

robbie is on a distinguished road
Smile Bashsea twisted skimmer

Hello all I just purchased a bashsea twisted skimmer 6-24 and was compelled to sign up and post. This thing is a great piece of equipment. My last skimmer was an omega 150 (which is a good skimmer as well) but it is nowhere near as good as this bashsea product. I paired it with a sicce syncra 5.0. It is quieter than my omega was and it can be internal or external (I mounted mine externally). After less than 2 days it was pulling huge amounts of skimmate with a large foam head. Between its build quality and function its awesome. One thing I should mention though is the drain fitting on the collection cup cant be plugged (its not optional), it is needed for air, so you will have to use a vented collection cup of some sort. Bashsea makes one but I made my own with an old phosban reactor I had laying around and a pump stopper kit from aquahub. Anyways there isnt a lot of information on these things so I thought I would post a review.

Thanks
Happy reefing

Tags
bashsea, skimmer, skimmer recommendations, twisted skimmer