albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
Market in Alberta is t like BC!
It's the same thing... 0___o
Old 05-30-2018, 02:11 AM

Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road

Driving from FT. Mac to Calgary to pick up a coral isn’t like from from Surrey to Richmond
Vancouver to Hope there is a lot of corals in between there in homes growing and been traded.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:23 AM

Yup I’ve ordered stuff in , I grow it then help out the reefers in our area.
I’ll hook up up any time .
Old 05-30-2018, 05:56 AM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
I do and will when there is something I really want .
If you want it bad enough you will get it!
you have 1 Head Pink Diamond krack - $200 for sale for me ?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Good day

Gmamn has the crazy 😜
1 Head Pink Diamond - 200
1 head OG Hallucination - 175 ( good buy I bought mine for 250)

Frag box. Has pink speckled krackatoa Now as well.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer

I thought this was going to be about building a new kitchen, with maybe a reef tank in it.

Lol
Old 05-30-2018, 09:55 PM

LOL

ITS GOOD ....ALL HAPPY REEFERS !!!
ALL HAPPY REEFERS NO BIT*#EN TODAY!!
Old 05-30-2018, 11:57 PM

Moogled is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinreefer View Post
I thought this was going to be about building a new kitchen, with maybe a reef tank in it.

Lol
+1. Would have been disappointed but this thread delivers.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:39 AM

takeastabatit22 is on a distinguished road

But same go's for big spenders too. I don't mind paying for nice pieces. But don't Jack up prices on the guys who do spend then post it for half the price the next day. I got a bit frustrated with that last mounth. Or charging full price for potential heads and maybe or should be colors. If your going to charge by colors you should have it colored up for that price. I wish their was more places to by or trade. I know I'm new and just meeting ppl.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2018, 05:46 AM

This is good Bro vent away !!!!
I can’t justify selling anything that is off in health ,color ect...
We’re all at different levels in this hobbie.
Years ago I just liked the $5-10 bin for corals brown zoas leathers, I just liked see if I could keep them alive. There was no internet , only books that didn’t really help . Look at us now ... we keep wet pets with a little help from our friends .
But that been said yellow Tanges were 25 bucks and queen and emperor angles were only 80-90 bucks.
$100 corals were the size of dodge ball .

Rare and named corals cost $$$, we don’t see corals imported the size of basket balls now you pay by the inch. I know it’s crazy . But we’re not blowing up the reefs any more! Thank God!!!!
Corals that have been tanks for years seem to hang in there when things go sideways.

Here is a read from a local in my area I took out the names but we all know who it is .
Some very important news for M E

Please take the time to read this entire thing as it impacts not only M E but the industry as a whole.

I have a better idea now about what the Indonesian coral issues and to be honest, I am quite concerned that there may not be a quick and easy solution to this. For those that don't know, there is massive corruption throughout the industry in Indonesia for both exporters and government officials. CITES are often used for corals that they were not issued under and other loopholes are often exploited and overlooked by officials for the right amount of money. This current situation is apparently due to that corruption and the problems surrounding it as the Fisheries department is aware of the various issues and is trying to address it.
This could potentially impact the industry in a SIGNIFICANT manner. no Indonesian coral has left the country since the beginning of May and there is no solution in sight.

Indonesia supplies probably about at least 75 percent of the coral in our tanks. Stores are already running out of coral in various places and clearly this is problematic in that there is no new places to replace the supply chain. You could see prices skyrocket for corals in the new future as the demand is not being met by supply.

Realistically, regardless of what happens with this current deadlock in Indonesia, you will probably see the sourcing of wild corals significantly being reduced over the next few years. Which means coral such as brains which take long periods of time to grow and difficult to propagate will be rare and exceedingly expensive.

The industry will need to move to propagation of coral on a massive scale if we want to survive. I will be devoting approximately a third of our new space to growing corals so that we can reduce our dependence from outside sources..I just hope that we have enough time to gather the necessary stock to do so.

I personally think that this move by the industry is an important one and one that needs to be addressed. We do need to conserve and protect our struggling reefs as they are, in my opinion, one of the main basis of life on the planet.

how this impacts us immediately.

Effective May 22 - M E will no longer discount coral until the Indonesian market opens again.
By May 25 - All sale discounts will be removed off our website.

I can't justify selling discounted corals in a time when I am not sure when I will be getting more.

We will continue to discount fish and inverts as they are not being impacted by this coral problem.

Nor will I be increasing the prices of current stock..However, as the situation develops in Indonesia, this may change and prices could skyrocket for certain items.

I do hope that our customers can understand our stance on this matter and we do appreciate your continued support throughout these times.

Sincerley
N
M E