Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 12-11-2010, 12:12 PM

TheMikey is on a distinguished road

For a second there I thouhgt you'd somehow fit a yellow tang into a 10g... Looks like a fun little project, though!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Beanz is on a distinguished road

Hahaha I knew someone would get a little mixed up. Idk y but I can't seem to post or upload my pictures directly to he page hmmmm.... And ya this little tank is pretty fun. I just hope I can still do homework in my room and not be distracted by it lol. And another plus is that the only things I'll have to buy r the light, corals, fish and maybe a chiller or a fan!!!!! Anyways I'll probably add some more pics today with LR and sand.

Cheers, Ian
Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 PM

ok so i siliconed the baffles in like a week ago and it still smelled silicon like two days ago. would this b because the silicon was stored in the garage in the cold? ill check tomorrow cause i did silicon some holes that were between the panels. what would b a good thing to do to help the silicon cure faster?

Cheers, Ian

Last edited by Beanz; 12-11-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 AM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

Should be cured, is it dry and firm? If so then just rinse with water and you should be good to go. What type of silicone did you use?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 AM

i used the GE Silicon 1. and yea ill try giving it a rinse tomorrow and c if it still smells. if not then ill get some pics with all the rock and sand in it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:43 AM

Awesome thats the right stuff! Good luck with the water
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM

Thanks man. Um I am now wondering since I have the tank full of water and rocks, how long do I need to let the tank cycle if I have to at all. Cause I did use rock from my other tank hat has been going for 8 months now and sand from my old fuge. I also filled half the tank with water from my other tank.

Cheers, Ian
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM

There won't be much of a cycle at all, depenging on how long the rock was out of water. If just a few minutes then there shouldn't be any die off. Still recommended to wait a few months before adding coral, but hardy fish and clean up crew can go in.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM

Ok, i dont really know what i want for livestock yet i was thinking maybe a goby and shrimp combo or ahhhh idk what would u suggest for suck a small tank? maybe ill get 3 chromis for now and put two in my 45 and one in the 10 to c how he does? Idk what would look good in this tank? and i noticed today that there was a air amt of water that evaporated when i got up and when i got home just a couple minutes ago. what would some options b for an ato without spending a lot of money????? o and what kinda CUC should i get for this kinda tank keeping in mind that i dont want things that will pig out on corals if they have the chance to?

Cheers, Ian
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 PM

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a...t=1&page_num=1

Here's a link with a few suggestions. Its all presonal preferance though, just make sure not to overstock. Chromis's or some small clowns would be my first suggestions.

As for auto top off you can go as cheap as about $40 to build one yourself and have it work or as much as $250. I recommend getting one that has multiple redundent safetys to keep your floor dry though. Tunze would be the most commonly recommended one, but its about $200. DIY kits will work and may never fail on you, but be prepared if they do.