Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 05-08-2015, 05:33 PM

bleevin is on a distinguished road

I've read a couple of anecdotal reports of bowing. The OP of the bad review posted it in another forum and there were comments from other owners.

But it does seem that there are more good reviews of Innovative Marine tanks then bad.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleevin View Post
I've read a couple of anecdotal reports of bowing. The OP of the bad review posted it in another forum and there were comments from other owners.

But it does seem that there are more good reviews of Innovative Marine tanks then bad.
Lots of reports of cracked aquariums as well.

I think you have to keep in mind that this is priced as a value product.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:31 PM

daelie is on a distinguished road

Cracked aquariums aren't a problem in the new fusion series. The old series with curved edges were the ones cracking
Old 05-24-2015, 12:05 AM

Bodasifa is on a distinguished road

i have nothing but good to say about this tank. The guys at King Ed we very helpful. The build quality on this tank is fantastic.. Easy solution to the bowing of the rear compartment... just add a small brace between the acrylic wall and back glass
Old 09-10-2015, 04:14 PM

kyl is on a distinguished road

Hi all, fairly new to Canreef. It’s great having a forum for our country from a newbie point of view, as I'm finding the border seems to limit realistic availability of a lot of products. I'm also planning to set up an IM 30L later this fall, but I've been stuck on how to go about lighting this tank without breaking the bank. It appears the OP ended up selling his tank before getting a lighting setup, so hopefully this is the right place to ask.

Given the length involved, the fact I want to go LED and some family member advice, it looks like a single fixture solution isn’t realistic for this setup. I've been reading up on what’s readily available in Canada, and it looks like for my budget (~ $500), aesthetics and availability that a pair of Kessil A160WE’s seems like a reasonable way to go. I know lighting requirements can vary pretty wildly given the coral types you’re after, SPS / LPS and such, but can I correctly assume that I should have no general problems in the future with anything I would want to grow with two of these driving the tank given it’s pretty shallow?

The other question is as someone just starting out, I don’t want to get in over my head. This means the tank will start out pretty basic, so no controller. In the future if I want to drive these lights with something that can run cycles or patterns, would they support such a function as-is, or is buying them locking myself into a ‘dumb’ light so to speak?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:48 PM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

For cheap lighting do a 3' China fixtures. Used to have one on my 30l