Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-23-2015, 08:41 PM

gmann is on a distinguished road
Default UPS SUCKS

Their tracking page lied, my package did not arrive b4 noon. Customer service said it will come anytime between now and 7pm local time. im sitting here at the mercy of UPS, i hope my corals are ok. im angry. end rant
Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 PM

FragIt Dan is on a distinguished road

I shipped a box of corals with UPS three times, all three were lost for multiple days. With the exception of a couple of ricordia in one shipment, everything died. No insurance coverage because they didn't break or lose anything and perishables are not covered. I ended up out $1200 of corals and refunded the guys money. Poor corals, poor bank account. Expensive mistake learning not to use UPS. Hopefully things turn out better for you.
Save the Reef, Buy a Frag!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:05 PM

gmann is on a distinguished road

that sucks to hear Dan. UPS finally showed up, still ****ed that they wasted my whole day though. could've gone to work and been off before they even showed up. owell lesson learned, always gonna ask vendor to ship via another carrier going forward if possible
Old 01-23-2015, 11:26 PM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

UPS = Usually Poor Service

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 01-23-2015, 11:31 PM

blackradon is on a distinguished road

that sucks! I just over nighted some acans from ONT. and specifically said that i would be picking the package up at the depo. i even called and made sure this is the understanding. Today, I get an email saying, delivery no complete. well thats jsut great. I was told that i will be able to pick my package up at 6:30.. so fingers crossed.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:44 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

FedEx is my go-to courier company. At least there is a real person on the end of the customer service phone number. UPS doesn't even have a phone number to call - I found that out when I waited home for an afternoon on a new laptop that didn't show up until the next day. I wasn't around the next day, and they needed a signature. It was quite the run around.

On the other hand, if the package was due at noon you should be able to get your shipping refunded (if you paid for it).

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:14 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackradon View Post
that sucks! I just over nighted some acans from ONT. and specifically said that i would be picking the package up at the depo. i even called and made sure this is the understanding. Today, I get an email saying, delivery no complete. well thats jsut great. I was told that i will be able to pick my package up at 6:30.. so fingers crossed.

This exact scenario happened to me in November. It was single handedly the worst experience I have had with a shipping company (mind you....I've only ever had issues with UPS).

I asked for the package to be held at the depot....as its 2 minutes from my place. After I got the "sorry we missed you" sticker on my door, I called them and they said that the driver would drop it off at the depot at the end of the day (between 5 and 6). Luckily, they were open until 7. I went there and was told that they hadnt received the packge yet. So I called UPS and made sure that they would hold the package at the depot, and NOT deliver it to my house. They said no problem, it was done. So I returned the next day about 30 mins after they opened. I was told that the package was picked up by the driver and was out for delivery!! GER.

I finally gave up....the package arrived a full day later at 6:50pm!!! All the really bad stuff seems to happen with UPS. What a terribly managed company.

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 01-24-2015, 02:24 AM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Yup, UPS sucks. Ordered an iPad a few weeks ago, and it got shipped UPS but said signature was required for delivery. Figured no big deal, if I miss them, they'll take it to the depot and I can pick it up the next day.... Nope, get home at 7 pm and there it is sitting on the porch in the Port Alberni rains
Old 01-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

If UPS is the only shipping option, I shop SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Nothing but headaches with UPS, but fortunately, I've only had to deal with them once or twice. Now I always try to deal with companies that will ship with another shipper.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 AM

theokie is on a distinguished road

I just went thru a new round of headaches with UPS and found a few key points after talking to 4 different call center reps.

If the parcel is addressed to my house, they will not hold for pickup, even if its labelled hold for pickup, they must attempt a first delivery, it is their policy.

If you address it to a customer care center, to be held for pickup, you are unable to change anything, as you are no longer the primary account holder for the address, so no address changes, no rescheduled delivery. As in order to change delivery you would need the yellow door tag, which you won't have if you had it held for pickup, a major catch-22

You can't address a shipment to two names, ie. spouses, so that someone will be able to grab your, hold for pickup parcel, if you are unable to... Then you can't change the name as you don't have your yellow tag, and once its held even the shipper can't modify it.

Luckily the customer care centre on the south side was a bit understanding when my other half showed up with my tracking number, my passport and our marriage certificate, as the call centre people told me "no" I'm the only one that can pick up... luckily the guy at the counter recognized my name, and that my box was perishable, and let my other half pick it up, as I'm stuck up north.

Lucky for me, Isabelle at Canada Corals packs very well, two heat packs, and lots of insulation, and it being incredible warm for january, as two days later I'm told via skype that the corals arrived fine and are looking happy as corals in my acclimation tank.

A tidbit of info I did get from the call centre people, if I address the package as the name of a business, anyone with the tracking number and ID can pick it up.