Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-24-2015, 04:32 PM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
FedEx is my go-to courier company. At least there is a real person on the end of the customer service phone number. UPS doesn't even have a phone number to call - I found that out when I waited home for an afternoon on a new laptop that didn't show up until the next day. I wasn't around the next day, and they needed a signature. It was quite the run around.

On the other hand, if the package was due at noon you should be able to get your shipping refunded (if you paid for it).
+1. When Myka shipped me the clownfish pair with FedEx, everything arrived at the pickup depot on time and no trouble. Can't say the same for UPS, which I've had some poor experiences with also. Don't ever buy anything from the US shipped with UPS, you WILL get dinged for brokerage fee. USPS or bust.

Brian
Old 01-24-2015, 05:21 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Hey GMAN sorry to hear of your bad experience with UPS, but you spreading the word has given a good warning not to deal with vendors that use them, I know I won't!
So does UPS mean-- Ultimate Poor Service ?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:47 PM

blackradon is on a distinguished road

Talk to a real person, what was the only saving grace. Thankfully the acans are looking pretty good thus far so I am happy about that. If i wasnt able to talk to someone about updates, I would have been extremely upset.

When I picked up the package, they were really nice and said they were extremely sorry for the mix up. I would use them again it was just ****ty it happened for my first time using them for coral... I was pretty nervous/upset yesterday but all good now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
FedEx is my go-to courier company. At least there is a real person on the end of the customer service phone number. UPS doesn't even have a phone number to call - I found that out when I waited home for an afternoon on a new laptop that didn't show up until the next day. I wasn't around the next day, and they needed a signature. It was quite the run around.

On the other hand, if the package was due at noon you should be able to get your shipping refunded (if you paid for it).
Old 01-24-2015, 06:23 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I don't think it really matters who you deal with, I've had lots of issues with UPS, FedEx and Canada Post. My last FedEx experience was one of the worst ones, my package arrived 3 times with the box being crushed and torn apart each time and of course the goods were also damaged. They then proceeded to try to invoice me for brokerage charges for all the returned damaged packages. When I called the number on the invoice, the real person tried to deny they were with FedEx and couldn't do anything about the invoice. When I asked why the invoice has FedEx's logo right on it and who exactly she thought she was working for I got transferred to a manager and had the bill deleted. I then got two more invoices for the other two damaged packages and had to call in each time but had better luck with the next two people.

UPS was to deliver perishable food products to my house before Christmas and 2 day shipping was included in the price. I got the privilege of looking at the tracking number each day for a week to see my food sitting in a Calgary warehouse and arrived spoiled. Luckily this was purchased through Costco and they had no problems reshipping without me having to deal with UPS at all.

And I just got a package from Ontario 2 days ago that was shipped through Canada post on Nov.28. The list goes on.

With how often I've had packages delayed, lost, delivered to the wrong house or damaged I won't even attempt to have anything live shipped with any of these clowns. Luckily I live just outside of Edmonton so store access is good and there is a large private sale market here for fish and corals as well.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:22 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

It must just depend on location because for me UPS always delivers by 10am for my livestock ordered online. FexEx is super bad in my experience. They never deliver before 3pm for me which just means the package is sitting in a truck for a heck of a long time.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:45 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Compared to the other guys UPS seems to have the most infuriating policies. It's as though they got a room full of autistic lawyers to try and limit their liability through the most frustrating sets of rules possible.

PayPal kept messing up my shipping address for a while after I moved. I'd put in the right address with the order, pay with PayPal, and have my address over-ridden by whatever paypal decided it was that week. For a while, that was the correct street address, but my old postal code, which I didn't notice until after ordering from three separate websites.

Canada post and fedex - no problem. They fixed it with one phone call. UPS treated me like a criminal, refused to even speak to me about it, and shipped my package back to the US because the store I bought it from didn't get back to them fast enough.

I go out of my way to avoid UPS. Sadly, it's the only option for too many vendors.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:51 PM

gmann is on a distinguished road

Yes definitely avoiding ups from here on out if possible. Thanks for all the feedback everyone
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM

Abe is on a distinguished road

Well I just received a coral shipment thru UPS on time even they said that it was delayed for weather. The only issue I have with this shipment is that I have someone at home to receive it while I was at work. What did UPS do? they dropped it on my door step without ringging the bell or anything. If I wasn't on the look out for my email I wouldn't have known that it was delivered and would have sat in the cold for hours before I went home. I had to call home and ask for them to look outside to pick it up.
230G, 3 X 250w MH , 4x 39w t5 , about 200lbs of LR, 2" of LS bed, 2 maroon clowns hosting a RLTA, 1 regal tang and 1 yellow tang, 1 blonde neso tang, 1 coral beauty, 2 scunk clowns hosting a GBTA, 1 midas blenny, and a mandarin gopy, 6 blue green chromis and 1 six line wrass.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:29 AM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Ooooooo, I just remembered my favorite UPS story!

Live shipment. Scheduled the day so I could be home to receive. Sat at my dining room table, looking out the window on my front porch all day, checking the tracking info.

4pm, switches to "no one home for delivery attempt" or however they phrase it.

The driver literally couldn't be bothered to get to my house, so he lied.

My roommate signed for it the next day: I wanted to scream.