Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-05-2013, 04:25 AM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
If it was a serious case of palytoxin, you'd already be in a hospital praying for death (a comment heard from someone who ended up in a hospital for several days after a palytoxin incident). If you're still ok and its now Wednesday, I think you are past the worst, immediate danger. It apparently happens quickly and the pain/illness hits within hours, not 5 days later. Good luck. Personally, I would have gone to the hospital, yes even at -36C. You're a Canadian eh. That should be right balmy for you prairie person.

Anthony
Ohhhh, I've been praying for death for since Sunday night when it happened. Like vibrations of noise hurt my skin, pain.

I'm fortunate in the fact that I have a lot of painkillers and seizure meds at my disposal but I haven't been able to find the right cocktail to make my skin, muscles, joints and bones atop hurting. It was like chemo all over again.

I figured living and breathing are good signs. But the heart crap is another ballgame.

But aside from hooking me up to an EKG, the literature didn't give me any indication if there was anything else they could do aside from NaCL wide open. Just looking for anyone who has btdt and could give any advice.

And I'm in BC .......that -36C is humid cold.

Thanks Doug for the articles and Raied for the advice.

Last edited by SanguinesDream; 12-05-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 AM

ashr is on a distinguished road

still might be worth going, just to be safe then sorry.. but if you are on the computer and not on the floor.. that's a good sign so far...

Ashr's Tank Journal
Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguinesDream View Post
Ohhhh, I've been praying for death for since Sunday night when it happened. Like vibrations of noise hurt my skin, pain.

I'm fortunate in the fact that I have a lot of painkillers and seizure meds at my disposal but I haven't been able to find the right cocktail to make my skin, muscles, joints and bones atop hurting. It was like chemo all over again.

I figured living and breathing are good signs. But the heart crap is another ballgame.

But aside from hooking me up to an EKG, the literature didn't give me any indication if there was anything else they could do aside from NaCL wide open. Just looking for anyone who has btdt and could give any advice.

And I'm in BC .......that -36C is humid cold.

Thanks Doug for the articles and Raied for the advice.
You are very welcome Hope you get well soon. And thanks for correcting the spelling

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 12-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

I had a mild case told mom I was sick she beloved me but would a killed me had know it was fraging lol

Drink a lot take baths as some cash. Come out thru ur scin
Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 AM

waynemah is on a distinguished road

I had exactly the same experience when I started out. Take any medication to bring the fever down, aches and pains along with everything else should subside over time. For anyone reading, this is worse than any cold / flu symptom I can describe. The only time I seriously feared for my life.

Not sure if it helps... but... http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74765
Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Perhaps the name is an indication of what your dealing with....

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 PM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post

Hope you feel better soon.
I so 2nd this... haha

Get well soon..
Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Actually, the "death" part of death paly refers to it's shape akin to a Venus fly trap. Who'd a thunk?!? Things you learn off of Google.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:00 PM

LoJack is on a distinguished road

Its sad for me to say that I've been there too.

The heart racing, then slowing ... The hot flashes, then cold sweats, and the hypersensitivity in your skin that prevents you from covering up with a blanket, not to mention the vomiting when there is nothing left in your system to come up.

I ended up in the hospital for IV Fluids because I couldn't keep anything down long enough for it to be used by my body ... but there was no medication or anything they could do for me. Your system needs to beat it on its own they told me.

The doctor had nothing to back it up, but he told me to drink as much milk as I could ... not sure if it was coincidence on the timing, but I was able to keep milk down when I got home from the hospital.

If you've made it a couple days, the worst is over ... it will subside in a bit more time.

Needless to say ... I'll never cut a paly without safety glasses again
Old 12-05-2013, 02:32 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

I was told to wear surgical type gloves, needless to say when your in the tank and you think oh ya I'll just move this zoe or paly from here to there, I end up with tingling fingers for several hours if I don't have the gloves on. safety glasses for sure if fragging is a must IMO. Living in BC is no advantage you still wait hours in the ER.
Hope your feeling better soon!