Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-22-2009, 03:53 PM

NuraNori is on a distinguished road

OMG those are hillarious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Hahaha I love that commercial (if we're thinking of the same one, jealous wife across the street??), maybe you'll prefer this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMV2adkjaOo
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHRu-h41SBQ

Nora
Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
My son is getting a digital camera for christmas.. he's 2.
I didn't get a digital camera until I was 26..
What kind of camera? We gave Nathan a toy version of a digital camera one Christmas but it sucked, so for his 4th birthday he got a real digital camera. It's nothing profound but seriously, it wasn't that much and he can take photos with it that are actually worth keeping. Plus, it's awesome because with the perspective, they are a perfect representation of "the world as seen by a 4 year old."

As long as you're not overspending like crazy, because a 2 year old is a 2 year old and you know darn well how that camera is going to get treated ... I actually think this is a great idea. Yeah, I didn't get a digital camera until I was late 20's either, and the 1.0 megapixel POS that that thing was, was nothing compared to the most basic of basic cameras available at the $60-100 price point nowadays, but ... meh, the world is different I guess.

Someone I might consider for his next birthday is an iPod .. yeah, an iPod. He LOVES music and his tastes in music are nothing short of amazing. I'll never forgot the look on rbacchiega's face (too bad she doesn't hang out on the board anymore) when she came over (he was still 3 at this point) and he started discussing Johnny Cash with her (she has a Johnny Cash tattoo on her leg .. among other artists). Not your average conversation with a 3 year old.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:08 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
My son is getting a digital camera for christmas.. he's 2.
I didn't get a digital camera until I was 26..
2!!!! Wow, aren't our kids spoiled

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 12-22-2009, 04:10 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
What kind of camera? We gave Nathan a toy version of a digital camera one Christmas but it sucked, so for his 4th birthday he got a real digital camera. It's nothing profound but seriously, it wasn't that much and he can take photos with it that are actually worth keeping. Plus, it's awesome because with the perspective, they are a perfect representation of "the world as seen by a 4 year old."

As long as you're not overspending like crazy, because a 2 year old is a 2 year old and you know darn well how that camera is going to get treated ... I actually think this is a great idea. Yeah, I didn't get a digital camera until I was late 20's either, and the 1.0 megapixel POS that that thing was, was nothing compared to the most basic of basic cameras available at the $60-100 price point nowadays, but ... meh, the world is different I guess.

Someone I might consider for his next birthday is an iPod .. yeah, an iPod. He LOVES music and his tastes in music are nothing short of amazing. I'll never forgot the look on rbacchiega's face (too bad she doesn't hang out on the board anymore) when she came over (he was still 3 at this point) and he started discussing Johnny Cash with her (she has a Johnny Cash tattoo on her leg .. among other artists). Not your average conversation with a 3 year old.
My son's name is also Nathan

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

I hate when things dissapear without explanation

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 12-22-2009, 04:13 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
2!!!! Wow, aren't our kids spoiled
don't even get me started on that!!

I blame the wife.. but the Transformers are fun to play with
Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post

Well, Jaeden started by wanting to play with daddy's big camera. Fortunately it weighed about as much as he does so he gave up on that. Then he noticed one day that we had a point and shoot and took that for a spin. He learned how to use it pretty quick. But as you said, a 2 year old is a 2 year old and he was pretty rough with it. He gets very sad now when we limit his "play" time with the point-and-shoot so he's getting his own fisher price nuclear proof digital camera. His favourite photography subject his himself.. he takes lots of self portraits, which actually kind of amazes me a little.

He is also getting good at navigating my iPhone. He can find all his favourite game apps on it so for his birthday he's getting his own iPhone
Old 12-22-2009, 04:30 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Flying scares the crap outa my Dad, I love it
Flying doesn't scare me, it just makes me sick. I was talking to a doctor about it, and he said that extreme cases of motion sickness can tweak your inner ear balance for several days. Guess who falls into that category??

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

My wife has a Christmas stocking for the cat! THE CAT!!!

Last edited by Parker; 12-22-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Fat Finger Disease
Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

My dog has a stocking.

SPS fanatic.