Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-27-2006, 04:22 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I don't think kalk will work as a treatment (believe me I've tried this) because you just don't get enough contact time. Even if you shut off the pumps, all it takes is for a fish to swim by and it floats off.

One thing that was suggested to me, so I'll forward the suggestion along, is to smother them with underwater epoxy.. I haven't tried it yet myself though, but it seems like it could be worth a shot..
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 AM

Mike Olson is on a distinguished road

All because I bought a tiny clump of zoos from someone....at first I thought they were kinda neat...little golden brown pom poms- they must be some form of star polyp! IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS! Ha Ha! I dont want to take that rock out now since I have 2 bubbletips deeply entrenched and various nice zoos....a rock and a hard place! I noticed some on another rock that I can take out....I might try break the rock to see how deep the little veins go...The rock shall become the guinea pig for eliminating Myrionema!
180g tank(6x2x2) w/170lbs LR, 2-250W 1-400W Halides, 2-3ft t5 Actinics,H&S 1260 200 Skimmer, 1-Tunze 6000stream w/controller, 1-6060stream, 70g sump, 30g refugium Neptune controller, Sequence Hammerhead inline return, Lifeguard 25W UV, 1-Tunze osmolator, 1-Tunze wavebox, 1/4Hp Pacific Coast chiller, MarineTech calcium reactor