Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties
Default Picasso Trigger antics

I have Picasso and he actually snaps his teeth together to get attention. It has got to be the neatest thing ever, but I never knew what the noise was until my husband figured it out. I always thought it was a chattering power head until hubby saw him moving his mouth. He makes clicking to loud snapping noises and you can hear him from across the room.

Is there any other reason he would be doing this aside of begging? He is quite the character to begin with, since he bounces off of toadstools and finger leathers for fun. Aside of my Naso tang he is the most interactive fish that I have.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:02 AM

reef bound is on a distinguished road

I'm so jealous. That is one of my favorite fish. Next tank.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:23 AM

He is just awesome. I think he is near sighting since his eyes are so close to the top of his head. I hand feed him but he seems to have bad aim. I have not been bitten but I have to make darned sure to be watching him. You never know if maybe he is purposely missing the food or not. He is mischief in the highest form.

The only downside to these fish is that they may become mean as they mature. I am hoping my guy will not be the case, but he is worth taking the chance. Right now he has no issues or even pays attention to any other fish, aside of hanging out with my Majestic angel which is the same size as he is.

You need to get a bigger tnak since you are really missing out. No buyer's remorse on this guy at all. What a funny fish, and always a source of amusement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef bound View Post
I'm so jealous. That is one of my favorite fish. Next tank.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I just recently aquired a clown trigger one of my favourite salty fish when he eats he makes bone cracking noises, somewhat like what you described as long as he's fed every other day he leaves the other tank mates alone. I love watching these guys swim they're like heat sinking missiles, I agree lots of fun watching them. Triggers, puffers and angels have awesome character!!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 02-13-2009, 06:12 PM

I love clown triggers. I have to agree with the puffers and triggers having great personalities. Can't forget the tangs and gobies though. My whole tank has such like and fun to it. My Banana wrasse always moves things around and the Picasso is always hauling mouthfuls of sand around to make new things. I don't know what he's building, but I don't think he does either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
I just recently aquired a clown trigger one of my favourite salty fish when he eats he makes bone cracking noises, somewhat like what you described as long as he's fed every other day he leaves the other tank mates alone. I love watching these guys swim they're like heat sinking missiles, I agree lots of fun watching them. Triggers, puffers and angels have awesome character!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 PM

robzilla is on a distinguished road

here's a pic of the one i had. that fish had the most personality of any fish i have kept yet.
he would constantly talk to you, follow you as moved around the room. and would reorganize any piece of rock he could manage to pick up. frags never stayed in the same spot. when i got him, he was in a tank by himself and i added a few fish, without any issue of him being overly aggressive. he would establish the pecking order, with him at the top, and the rest of the fish would get along well.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 PM

Mine is quiet during the day but in the evenings he chomps, clicks, and snaps. It is funny since we really thought our powerhead was making those noises. I didn't believe my hubby it was the Picasso for the longest time since I was never looking at his mouth when he did the noises. My guy is just little fellow about 3" long and is a favorite. He gets along with everybody so far, but I did read they can turn out nasty later on. I am hoping not, but will deal with it when the day comes.

What happened to yours'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
here's a pic of the one i had. that fish had the most personality of any fish i have kept yet.
he would constantly talk to you, follow you as moved around the room. and would reorganize any piece of rock he could manage to pick up. frags never stayed in the same spot. when i got him, he was in a tank by himself and i added a few fish, without any issue of him being overly aggressive. he would establish the pecking order, with him at the top, and the rest of the fish would get along well.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 PM

robzilla is on a distinguished road

i hoping it was just old age, the guy i got him from had him for years, as he was tiny when he first got him. he was 6-7" long and nicely fat!!. i had him for 2 years before he passed on.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM

So sorry to hear that. At least he had a long and happy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
i hoping it was just old age, the guy i got him from had him for years, as he was tiny when he first got him. he was 6-7" long and nicely fat!!. i had him for 2 years before he passed on.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

^^wow cant wait till my picasso gets big like that!!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips