Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > World Feeds

Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Talking NEW ERA Acan Food

New Era Marine pellets have long been associated in Europe for its balanced feed for marine fish as well as Chalices and Acans due to the pellets high blend of nutrients and ingredients.

With the feeding success of the Marine pellet, we are working with New Era to bring a dedicated pellet food for Acans (LPS) to the market in the next couple of months, I think you will be impressed how well the food is taken up!!

Here are some photos of the pellet being sucked in readily.

YUM YUM

New Era lands in Canada next week and then the distribution start on mass to over 30 dealers across Canada!!

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-13-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 PM

Andy Lister is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Andy Lister

Hi Michael!

Great to see! Thanks for that, I've got a whole world of photos of LPS feeding on the corals and some SPS feeding on the flake! I'll look them out and get them posted! Can't wait to see the results of the Canadian market I've heard so much about!

Thanks for the support!!

Andy
Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Thanks Andy, great to see a New Era team member here, please feel free to post as much as you have, the Canadian reefers LOVE photos and videos
Old 01-04-2011, 04:52 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

Hey Michael;

quick question about the NEW ERA foods in general.

can i use various products within the line to feed my entire tank? or will i still need to suppliment with frozen? My tank is not setup yet but i was looking to automate as much as i could so if i get one of those autofeeder and cram a bunch of different pellets in it would i be good?

I will be keeping a mixed reef with small fish (45 gallon) so a little bit of everything.

thanks in advance!

Vince
Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM

Hi Vince,

New Era food can replace frozen food completely, you have a couple of options.

1. Follow the Aegis diet regime, this has been developed over a number of years and provides a complete nutritionally balanced diet for your whole tank

2. mix and match from the range based on your tanks fish species and dietry requirments.

You can also of course still feed frozen food along with New Era but add to the mix Liposome spray enrichment

PDF here
http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/i...nea-marine.pdf
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Andy Lister is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Andy Lister

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
Hey Michael;

quick question about the NEW ERA foods in general.

can i use various products within the line to feed my entire tank? or will i still need to suppliment with frozen? My tank is not setup yet but i was looking to automate as much as i could so if i get one of those autofeeder and cram a bunch of different pellets in it would i be good?

I will be keeping a mixed reef with small fish (45 gallon) so a little bit of everything.

thanks in advance!

Vince
Hi Vince

Just to jump on with what Michael has said, you can easily mix and match the foods. it is recommended to follow the 8 week feeding plan (see the link above in Michael's post). I know a lot of people who follow this and use the herbivore flake / algal pellets for the full 8 weeks on top to keep grazers (tangs, angels etc.) happy. I follow this strategy on the fish in the New Era office and I've not met one fish keeper who hasn't been blown away by the tangs in the aquarium. Best Powder Blue i've ever seen!

There really are no benefits to feeding frozen foods into the aquarium at all. Fish may initially react better to them, but the nutritional value is considerably lower and there is no way around the fact that they do pollute your water considerably more than the New Era diets will do.

The sprays are there (and they can also follow the 8 week cycle) so that people are still able to feed frozen diets to certain fish who are picky, such as seahorses and pipefish, although with persistence I've had 99% of fish take the diets in one form or another (I was an Aquatics Shop manager before I worked for New Era so I've had the pleasure of trying hundreds of fish on it!).

From a retail point of view too, the losses in the shop were noticeably lower on fish I imported myself or from a wholesaler when they were fed solely on the Aegis flakes whilst in quarantine before sale.