Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I don't think you need my opinion after recent discussion Jay =) You gotta go with the bigger one! But I'd certainly take a couple tanks down at the same time lol. 60" front to back would be so bangin'!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 PM

George is on a distinguished road

I will say that 250g is better if you are into SPS. Both tanks are 24" height (or close 26"). You will find that many of SPS grow vertically. They are taller than their width. I agree with people who suggest 250g that you won't be able to see things in the middle of your 400g tank if you decide to set it up.
If you are into fish, go as big as you can, in this case 400g. Fish swim around so no worry about not be able to see them, LOL.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:12 PM

reefcanada is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I will say that 250g is better if you are into SPS. Both tanks are 24" height (or close 26"). You will find that many of SPS grow vertically. They are taller than their width. I agree with people who suggest 250g that you won't be able to see things in the middle of your 400g tank if you decide to set it up.
If you are into fish, go as big as you can, in this case 400g. Fish swim around so no worry about not be able to see them, LOL.
This Tank will be replacing my softie tank, so all of the softies will call this new tank home. I have a 60 gal sps tank. That is big enough for me.

I have been thinking about this and I think I am going to go with 72(L) x 48(W) x 26(H). This will be a little bit better and I can do a one piece euro on a tank this size. 60 won't fit on the cnc deck. This new size will still be close to 400 gals and give my tangs alot of swimming room. Plus most of my softies are already too big for the 250, along with my two 24" LTA. Thanks for all of the imput.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 PM

reefcanada is on a distinguished road

The other thing that I forgot to mention, is that the 250 is only 6" taller than my current softie tank. So I am only gaining 6" in hieght nothing else. That why I would like the bigger foot print. Plus I am sure the fish wouldn't mind as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Just go with the big one, it sounds like it's the one you really want anyway and what's the worst thing that could happen?

Reminds me of the oregon reef
http://www.oregonreef.com/
Old 11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

I've seen your softie tank in person and as nice as it is it's going to outgrow soon than later, obviously cost are smaller on a small tank but if you are really into it and eventually want a very large tank then I say jump on the chance to do so and if you sell your eel tank plus anything left over fron the softie tank will help in cost. And I'd say you buy akit of saltceither way lol makes me wish I had the room for your old softie tank now lol