Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-17-2013, 07:29 AM

nondan is on a distinguished road
Smile Recovered

Hey guys, this thread is very old but it did help me.

I have a Naso that we have had for over 18 months and he got ill due to a PH problem as we discovered, he initially stopped eating, after we discovered what the problem was, and rectified it, he still remained unwell even though all the other fish were doing well.. 2 Blue tangs, a flame angel and 2 clowns.. He was on the brink of death, so we quickly set up our old quarantine tank to isolate him as the others were beginning to pick on him.

He began to show improvement although still not eating, he was swimming around again. After about 3 days in the quarantine, now 7 days without eating, we put him back in the main tank in a hope the others eating would inspire him!

It took another 3 days in the main tank before he did realise it was in his best interest to copy the other guys and he once again ate!!

He has been doing really well since and is back to his normal self..
Old 08-17-2013, 01:33 PM

IanWR is on a distinguished road

G'day and welcome to Canada, eh?
Old 08-17-2013, 04:06 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
She's come a long way in the past two weeks. She comes and grabs the nori from my hand while I try to put it into the clip for everyone...
My Naso took a couple of weeks to get comfortable in my tank, hardly ate much at all. I think they are a shy natured fish, but now comes out and is at the nori clip before my hand is even out of the tank along with all my other tangs. Is now eating everything I put in, pellets, frozen Mysis etc. I think yours will be just fine.