Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road
Default Reef Raft SPS rant... Let's see real pics of your Reef Raft Pieces....

I have a few pieces and I just don't see them look like any of the vendor related pics... How are yours turning out? Care to share your pics and how you get yours to have any resemblance to Reef Raft pics?

Vendors welcome too...
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 10-11-2014, 11:38 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Mine are all too new to tell. Honestly so far I have much nicer aquacultured pieces in my tank. But I haven't given these frags near enough time for them to develop their colour.

RR Ultimate Orange Passion (via Incredible Aquariums)

RR Wolverine (via I.A.)

RR Tropical hurricane (via I.A.)

RR Blue Matrix (via I.A.)
Old 10-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

LOL... I've been waiting for this thread for a long time.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:51 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

I have 3 pieces this is my wolverine about 8 weeks ago I will take a current pic later, at this point it has grown a lot from this pic I also bleached it a bit when I added a third halide but it fine.
Old pink Floyd pic very slow grower but love the colour

My pieces are under 2 400w radiums and a single 250 14 k Hamilton bulb in 12" frag tank
Old 10-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Colony Growing Master

These are my "name brand" frags...
Wolverine

Diablo

Pink Floyd... The yellow tip piece...

Poison Ivy... Pink piece

Here are the no name Reef Raft stuff...
Top row... Sec from the right

Orange Millie in top row

Deep water red acro

I have a few more but this gives you an idea of the incredible hype in the brand name pieces that lead to bitterly dissapointment for the money you pay.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 10-12-2014, 03:20 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Reef Raft have an amazing ability to colour up corals in their systems. For most mortals it's fought to achieve the same levels of colour in their systems. I don't hate on RR for their spa and colours, that's why I paid big bucks for some of the pieces. Will I do it again, time will tell. I have to see how these look in 6 months or so. If they don't colour up to at least 80% of what the pictures look like, I won't buy anymore RR stuff.

What I'm trying to get across is don't hate someone for buying RR stuff, it's their right and their money
Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Colony Growing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Reef Raft have an amazing ability to colour up corals in their systems. For most mortals it's fought to achieve the same levels of colour in their systems. I don't hate on RR for their spa and colours, that's why I paid big bucks for some of the pieces. Will I do it again, time will tell. I have to see how these look in 6 months or so. If they don't colour up to at least 80% of what the pictures look like, I won't buy anymore RR stuff.

What I'm trying to get across is don't hate someone for buying RR stuff, it's their right and their money
Eh? Who is hating someone for buying RR stuff? I've had the diablo for a yr now. It's still s nice piece but it does not look like any of the reef raft pictures. I've had the wolverine, pink Floyd and. Poison ivy for five mths now and these three also came from IA. Since you got yours also from IA, let me know how yours look in month 5.

All the other pieces came from Frag Box and for the no name RR pieces I have not been disappointed in how they have turned out based on what I paid for them.

Last edited by Rice Reef; 10-12-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:06 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Ive had the pleasure of getting all giddy from ordering rr corals multiple times. My rr corals are the same as everyone else. I always understood that these wild pieces they bring in take time to there true captivity colors and I've actually emailed Jason on several occasions to ask for updated pics, and like the rest of us his corals are mostly the same subpar colors.
I've honestly gotten nicer maricultured corals at a quarter the cost
Old 10-12-2014, 04:22 AM
Colony Growing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Ive had the pleasure of getting all giddy from ordering rr corals multiple times. My rr corals are the same as everyone else. I always understood that these wild pieces they bring in take time to there true captivity colors and I've actually emailed Jason on several occasions to ask for updated pics, and like the rest of us his corals are mostly the same subpar colors.
I've honestly gotten nicer maricultured corals at a quarter the cost
Yeah, I had Jason sending me pics then as well and I still have them from couple hrs ago. back then the pics had some sense of truth to them however, within the last yr, I see more extreme colour saturation being used in their pics, especially these ultimate pieces... Yeah ultimate PS (oops I meant BS)
Old 10-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

If y'all are waiting for them to get to the same colors as the marketing pictures, you're going to be waiting a long time.