Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-26-2019, 03:45 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Brad did!!!
Oh, right lol
Old 04-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Guidelines are very useful for building something straight or not getting lost in the woods I think. Great that Brad has set out guidelines so we don't get lost hiking. Thanks Brad.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:22 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just really want to post Michel Jackson eating popcorn but damm I don’t know how.I first discovered reef central and then I found Canreef it has been my anchor in this hobby its always there. It not perfect but I sitll hit it up at least once a week to see what’s up. I don’t post often cuz life is crazy but I am a lifer and canreef is a go too for me
Old 04-28-2019, 03:13 PM

Razor Ramon is on a distinguished road

Can reef may gain popularity trough out Canada again since FB have closed/baned groups for there practices .
Buy and sell is good here ,you can not even sell a bag of water or a coral frag plug with out been flagged for selling anamials on FB.
So Canreefs guide lines are straight forward.
Canreefs venders and members are great thanks to all !
In life your a Jedi or a hack we all know who is a Jedi thanks again for the great corals!
Old 04-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Zoa Hoarder

davej is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
I just really want to post Michel Jackson eating popcorn but damm I don’t know how.I first discovered reef central and then I found Canreef it has been my anchor in this hobby its always there. It not perfect but I sitll hit it up at least once a week to see what’s up. I don’t post often cuz life is crazy but I am a lifer and canreef is a go too for me
Here ya go!

Old 04-29-2019, 01:10 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
Here ya go!

Classic! Thanks.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:32 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Old 11-08-2019, 02:36 AM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
No one is interested in contributing to this site. We invited several 'expert level' members to have their own forum, provide tips and answer questions and all of them declined. We had a POTM contest every month, until not one single picture was submitted, two months in a row. We had a TOTQ contest, until every single tank that won ended up crashing, or being shut down soon after, only to have the contest be labeled as cursed. We had the resignation of several moderators, which piled more work into the remaining ones. We had massive complaints from paying Vendors about members who were constantly selling frags. We changed the buy and sell rules to favour the Vendors, which then ticked off the members. We lost major Vendors as paying sponsors to free media sites like Facebook. We've got members who don't even know how to upload pictures because they have no idea how to navigate BB sites, are use to instant picture uploads to social media sites, and can't be bothered to learn. We've got hundreds of thousands of pictures lost to Photobucket because of their new 'pay to use' bullshit. We were promised a New Canreef platform that was a hybrid of BB, Facebook and other social media sites, that would be easier to contribute to, and instantly share pics, locations, tags etc, only to have its development completely aborted 2 years ago. We had Alberta's oil field employment nose dive, and we lost a ton of contributing members to that. Most newer members think growing and selling coral is going to make them a ton of money, and are in the hobby for profit (haha fools), they are more than welcome to use here, FB Coral Hoarders and other FB pages to sell stuff.

The buy and sell guidelines were discussed at length when they were written, and we are fine with the location being either in the title, in the thread, or the sellers profile.
Warren that's a good summary and appreciate the frank and candid post. No one is to blame but me, especially on the new Canreef platform. On the flip side is at least we don't have the paying sponsors to worry about now so no concerns on ticking off members posting for sale threads, at least we don't have a problem attracting these posts.

Also sad to see good Tony, Christy, Brad going but each one of them have contributed significantly in the past for years and family priorities changed.

The experts well they are nice to have and can be a good anchor but not a show stopper.

Unless we have a systematic way of dealing with buy or sell threads to validate what people enter at what fields all we can do is post a guideline. We can't hand hold every one when they type nor can we reasonably expect the moderators to constantly watch for violations and reject or edit the post.

For the photos well I do encourage people to post here. We do have a photo gallery and we never really have a space issue really. If members are happy to upload all their photos here I'm happy to increase the limit. It has to be aquatics related though so no family photos.

What we do need are good discussion threads, build threads, etc from the members. So if anyone has something to write about, even a random thought of what they are thinking about for their tank build or maintenance, these are good stories for build or discussion threads.

Titus
Old 11-08-2019, 02:56 AM

H2o2 is on a distinguished road

Love Canreef do lots of following not to much posting and I don’t do FB or twit or any of the other posting platform. Like to say thanks to all that do post
Old 11-08-2019, 03:18 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Forums can be popular, just need to be set up right. Reef 2 reef is a perfect example.

Bulk Reef Supply is a sponsor here but I have yet to see them post a link to an updated video or come here for questions. They spend all their time on R2R. I wonder why.

I never understood the restrictions on the buy sell, IMO that was the first nail in the coffin. You should have told those vendors to pound sand. Look where you are now, you have lost 90% of the vendors and 90% of the contributing members. Blame facebook or instagram all you want, the rules is what started to kill canreef.