Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 AM

lpsreefer is on a distinguished road

Update?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Just curious on the tangs as well... I am currently working on upgrading to a 75g and combine my 10g and 34g tanks and was wondering how the tangs are working out for you in a 90?

After all my research I came up with a Yellow Eye Kole and a Yellow Tang in a 75g which might be at the limit if not over the limit?
I will be adding my pair of clowns with their huge anemone, two pairs of Pistol Shrimps and Gobys (hoping I can get them to sit at opposite ends of the tank), cleaner wrasse, cleaner shrimp, coral branded shrimp and 3 blue green chromis which are all coming from my 34 and 10

I'm also thinking to make myself a algae scrubber over an added refugium as the piping is already plumbed for a reactor or refugium - so how is the scrubber working out for you? I've read a ton of info on this and it looks to be very appealing.

Also how much rock do you have in that 90? for some reason it looks to be a little on the low side but it looks cool with the landscape.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:16 AM

Cade is on a distinguished road

Update Time! Sorry it has taken so long

I suppose the biggest 2 changes would be that I have scrapped the algae scrubber and went with 2 reactors for bio pellets and GFO I feel really good about this decision and after 3 months I was seeing some great improvements.

The other change would be that Im starting to dose some ZEO products and all I have to say is WOW!!! I toyed around with vinegar vodka and sugar but I have seen noticeable colour, growth and PE on all my SPS softies are happy as always.. Im using coral vitilizer, amino acids and sponge power. I definitely want to go with the Zeolites soon!

New fish? We got a juvenile Dussumieri Tang!!! I cant WAIT!!! Hes soo cute!! and yes I know he will get WAYYYY to big for my 90.... can we all say upgrade? Fish with a hidden agenda... (future conversation "well honey, I guess we'll just have to get rid on him.. ")

Here are some updated pics.

Thank you for reading.

LAST full tank shot was 3/9/2012

Current FTS 07/09/2012

Last edited by Cade; 09-08-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Just curious on the tangs as well... I am currently working on upgrading to a 75g and combine my 10g and 34g tanks and was wondering how the tangs are working out for you in a 90?

After all my research I came up with a Yellow Eye Kole and a Yellow Tang in a 75g which might be at the limit if not over the limit?
I will be adding my pair of clowns with their huge anemone, two pairs of Pistol Shrimps and Gobys (hoping I can get them to sit at opposite ends of the tank), cleaner wrasse, cleaner shrimp, coral branded shrimp and 3 blue green chromis which are all coming from my 34 and 10

I'm also thinking to make myself a algae scrubber over an added refugium as the piping is already plumbed for a reactor or refugium - so how is the scrubber working out for you? I've read a ton of info on this and it looks to be very appealing.

Also how much rock do you have in that 90? for some reason it looks to be a little on the low side but it looks cool with the landscape.

Don't do the algae scrubber, go with 2 reactors for bio pellets and GFO then throw some carbon in some nylon and You wont ever go back...

I have had 3 good sized tangs in my 90 for months now with no issues. I even had them before the 90 in my 55. I do realise that I will have to sell them or upgrade one day....

Last edited by Cade; 09-08-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 AM

lpsreefer is on a distinguished road

Nice update!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjoly85 View Post
Nice update!
Thank you!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Glad to see an update from you. It has been so long I thought you had left the hobby or gone over to fresh water tank.

Looking good!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Reef View Post
Glad to see an update from you. It has been so long I thought you had left the hobby or gone over to fresh water tank.

Looking good!
Jerk.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:25 AM

Shut her down last fall,

Light fixture died... Couldn't get replacement for a few weeks (slacked) only had 2 t5 bulbs over it..... Then bought some nice new LED's just to watch my SPS slowly die over a 2 month period.....

DON'T LET YOUR SPS GO WITH OUT LIGHT FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME!!

Then I had a little contained flood in the stand... which submerged the power supply to my new LED's..... which sparked and caught fire...

Luckily my wife was home but unluckily she went straight for the extinguisher....

DON'T LEAVE ANY CORDS WHERE THEY CAN GET WET!!!!

That same night I brought all live stalk into blueworld aquariums....

FML

All well, can anyone say upgrade? Planning and spending is the best part anyways.... right?

Thanks for looking.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:23 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Oh dear.. So to hear about your woes :-(

Tags
90 gallon, algae scrubber, reef, reef tank