Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 01-23-2011, 05:50 PM

amy is on a distinguished road
Default Edmonton BRS order being placed at noon on January 27th

For anyone who wants to jump in on this and save on shipping.The order will be shipped out on January 28th. Add your orders to this thread. Payment must be made to me via paypal or email money transfer BEFORE I will add your items to the order. I won't have a total on shipping until I input the order, but I was thinking the easiest to do would be split it equally between everyone? I can't find info on how they calculate shipping, it doesn't appear to go by weight so it should be fair. You can pay your share when you pick up your items.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
For anyone who wants to jump in on this and save on shipping.The order will be shipped out on January 28th. Add your orders to this thread. Payment must be made to me via paypal or email money transfer BEFORE I will add your items to the order. I won't have a total on shipping until I input the order, but I was thinking the easiest to do would be split it equally between everyone? I can't find info on how they calculate shipping, it doesn't appear to go by weight so it should be fair. You can pay your share when you pick up your items.
You don't really save on shipping though... I thought it was a set percentage as per their shipping policy....

BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian governement fees however these are passed on to the customer via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on our site. In a nut shell we pay brokerage and you still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presentated when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer.

Splitting charges equally is not a fair if its this way as each person is basically charged 15% on their own purchase. That 15% covers all fees. SO a $1 purchase is $1.15... when a $100 purchase is $115.00.

Something to consider.

I ordered once before and they were good to deal with. They do have a group thing, but I don't know exactly how it works.

Maybe someone else can clarify this?

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.

Last edited by paddyob; 01-23-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
You don't really save on shipping though... I thought it was a set percentage as per their shipping policy....

BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian governement fees however these are passed on to the customer via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on our site. In a nut shell we pay brokerage and you still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presentated when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer.

It still looks like shipping will be cheaper. I experimented:
The minimum things that I would order (double GFO and Maxijet pump) would cost me 24.98 to ship (standard starting fee) When I add 2 of each of these instead of one, shipping goes to 31.97 as opposed to 48 if we were to ship them separately. If I order 3 of each, shipping jumps from 31.97 to 39.35 as apposed to 72 if we had to ship 3 orders separately.
I guess the best way to do it is go to the website, type in your order and see what shipping would be on that alone, then tell me what you want, I'll add it to my cart and tell you what the shipping would be that way.
No point in doing it unless we are all getting a deal. Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 PM

coreyskylar is on a distinguished road
Default Order

I will take what your getting,the dual reactor and maxijet 1200.
Thanks
P.S. Let me know my final price I owe.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyskylar View Post
I will take what your getting,the dual reactor and maxijet 1200.
Thanks
P.S. Let me know my final price I owe.
OK, I've got yours in the cart. I will give you a final price once the other orders have been added.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM

coreyskylar is on a distinguished road
Default Order

Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

1 gal Soda Ash $15.30
1/2 gal Bulk GFO $36.00
S/H $26.43
Total: $77.73

Note, I am a preferred customer, so I don't whether this helps with the price, as When I looked at the Soda ash, it was $16.99, then when I went through the ordering process, it showed up as $15.30. Whatever.

Please add me as well, either price.
Thanks, Lenny.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALang View Post
1 gal Soda Ash $15.30
1/2 gal Bulk GFO $36.00
S/H $26.43
Total: $77.73

Note, I am a preferred customer, so I don't whether this helps with the price, as When I looked at the Soda ash, it was $16.99, then when I went through the ordering process, it showed up as $15.30. Whatever.

Please add me as well, either price.
Thanks, Lenny.
Hi Lenny,
I've got you added, but it's at the reg rate. I'm not a preferred customer...unless you want to put the order in your name, or even give me your sign in name and I can take care of it for you? (privately of course)
If you want to change it, just let me know, otherwise it will be at regular price.

Here's the difference:
If you order with us
Soda Ash 16.99
GFO 39.99
Tax 8.55
total 65.53

Shipping as things are right now is 13.75 per person.

Amy

Last edited by amy; 01-24-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Sweet, We now get preferred customer pricing!
Thanks Lenny!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM

2 days to get your order to me if you want in on cheap shipping. Current shipping costs sitting between $11-$13 per person.

Tags
brs, edmonton