Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-03-2010, 05:23 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road
Default Silentcivilians 120G Predator Tank

So.. I moved.. with moving comes changes.. with changes comes well.. new tanks... I still havent moved from sumpless.. yes.. this is likely one of the largest sumpless tanks on Canreef that I know of, I just cant justify spending the $$ quite yet on a full proper system.. however im totally sold on this size. I love the dimensions, I love the depth. So when I go and drop the $$ on a right and proper system, promise it will be a 4'x2'x2'/

So, really no big stories or changes.. the 55g moved effortlessly into a 120g. The fish love love love all the space. I love love love all the space. So, ill share a couple of pictures of the tank so far. Please be gentle reminding me of the benefits of a sump.. I know, I realise, but one day it will happen

Thats all for now.. No new fish for at least a month or two.. other equipment upgrades first, blubs, fixture, skimmer etc.. So only updates will be clean up crew.. whoo...

Last edited by silentcivilian; 07-23-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:44 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

well that didnt take long for you to get hooked and upgrade......lookin good man....
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 PM

haha, this is far from a upgrade really.. its more like just more water for the fish to swim in. Ill have to upgrade some equipment soon though. It was just luck that a friend of a friend who knew a guy that slept with this girl where she knew a guy who talked to someone at a funeral who they saw later that week knew a hookup for a 12mm rimless tank for a good $$ value. Same price as the generic tank from big als just way better quality and i think 4mm thicker glass. So I jumped on it. So before more livestock goes in beyond clean up crew, ill do a few key equipment upgrades.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 PM

haha, so it might be worth asking.. what you have for cleanup crew down there?? It wont be worth driving clear across the city for nothing.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Trabby is on a distinguished road
Talking

[quote]
It was just luck that a friend of a friend who knew a guy that slept with this girl where she knew a guy who talked to someone at a funeral who they saw later that week knew a hookup for a 12mm rimless tank for a good $$.

That's Awesome ROFLMAO!! Congrats on the new tank, it's looking really good. What is on your future fish wish list ?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

im buying you a stag frag pack for your birthday. the tank would look killer with a maze of stags on the right side
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
im buying you a stag frag pack for your birthday. the tank would look killer with a maze of stags on the right side
Shall I hold you too that sir? Because I wouldnt complain to free coral
Old 08-06-2010, 05:14 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

Looks good. What do you have for fish in there?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:58 AM

Well, current stock is:
Cardinal, Coral Beauty, Yellow Tang, Cleaner Wrasse, Lawnmower Blenny, 3x Blue Chromis, Red Starfish, Cleaner Shrimp, Pom Pom Crab, unkown amount of snails (but have Nassarius, bumble bee, Astrea, Trochus, Stomatella and countless small turbos that are hitchhikers) 2 halloween crabs, 1 scarlet crab, 1 blue legged crab

Wishlist: Chevron Tang, Mandrin, Foxface, Picaso Clownfish, Couple more chromis... That is the attainable and hopefully "do-able" list.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 AM

Ok, so slight update:

Bad news, had some trouble at the start with some levels, alot of coral from the move never made it, the last 2 months has been very quiet just trying to slowly right the wrongs of the tank. Things are starting to look up, everything starting to show signs of positive growth again, so hoping to see that trend continue.

Today was a bad day though, I had bought a new fish on sunday, was out with the gf, we bought a new fish, she wanted a Flame Hawk, I said sure, he should be ok in the tank... ohhh no.. quite the oppisite really, ****ed fish off, kept swiming really fast and skimming the surface, so I wasnt happy, and didnt want the little guy to jump or die of stress related conditions, so I took him back to the LFS.. but the bad part was.. to get him out was a nightmare.. Litterally had to remove all my rock, and a large portion or water just to lock him down..

The upside, have a new pygmy angel (rusty) and a calgary raised clownfish, which was all done as a straight up $ for $ trade at the store..

The better upside, im happy with how my rock looks now then I was before. So here are some updated pictures.

Last edited by silentcivilian; 06-26-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Wrong Links