Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Its basically just been that damn hole in the wall that has been holding everything up so far.
Well considering those vertical supports were basically cut through anyways, and the house hasn't fallen yet, you should be good to go!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-08-2009, 12:11 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

I was hoping this was coming giving your FB status today!

Your puppy looks like she/he? is feeling neglected, checking out the action in hopes of getting some lovin'.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 AM

cprowler is on a distinguished road

Very cool!

For me the best part of a in-wall is the fish room behind, very jealous.

I like your idea for the removable background.

Looking forward to following this one
Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Nice start Christy. Looks to be a real nice set up................................... (Wish I had a fish room )
Old 11-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Will this be viewable front and side? or just front? Can't wait to see more. I love tearing stuff up but at first it can be daunting.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
I was hoping this was coming giving your FB status today!

Your puppy looks like she/he? is feeling neglected, checking out the action in hopes of getting some lovin'.
He's a boy (Barney) and yes he was right in there wondering what was going on and why he wasn't the center of attention, as usual. Then he got a tennis ball and was happy for the five minutes it took him to rip it to shreds (usually its 30 seconds but he was inside the house and knows not to make a mess, but since nobody was looking.... )

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Will this be viewable front and side? or just front? Can't wait to see more. I love tearing stuff up but at first it can be daunting.
Well in an ideal world I would have reset the door back two feet so that the tank was still in that wall but the side was viewable to the room as well. However, I don't live in an ideal world and Matt isn't interested in the extra work (plus it would look kind of silly in the fish room having a door set back two feet into it). Anyway, the side will be viewable inside the fish room and that was the best I could do. The far side with the overflow will be pretty much up against the wall so no viewing there.

I think the reason its taken so long was simply that, it was daunting and Matt was worried about how to put new headers in as he doesn't want to leave 6 feet of that floor upstairs unsupported while he does it. I still don't know whether he is going to use teleposts or what, he mutters about it every once in awhile, but who knows.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
one step at a time. The plan is looking good. How big of a header will you be installing?
I was just informed 2x10s. Then something about there being two and some 3/4 inch plywood because the other posts are 2x6's and they have to be equivalent in width when all is said and done or some junk

My 180 Build

Old 11-08-2009, 02:48 AM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Great start, are you comming for the tour tomorrow? you should bring your husband, we can chat about the renos, I'm no expert but I have done 2 inwall installs now and almost have all the little things figured out that will make life easy. Looking forward to the progress.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Staff

Yep I'll be there tomorrow My husband isn't coming, I think he plans on spending some quality time with the couch but I'd love to hear any tips/tricks you have to give on in-wall builds.

My 180 Build