Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road
Default Any car peeps here

Have a question about cold air intakes, have searched the web, been on manufacturers website, but can't find what I'm looking for brand specific....

Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Well what brand are you looking for? Injen is a pretty good cai company.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:49 PM

I have a roto fab, I bought it off someone else so I didn't receive any paperwork.

It's been on my car for a couple of months, on his for a couple. I'm just wondering about the frequency of recharging the filters. K&N is every 50k, but I am not sure on this one. I've seen info on every 10k miles, if so, it's a bit of a pita as I have to basically take it apart just to get the filter out.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:52 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

It all depends if its a wet or dry cai. K&n are wet filters that can be washed. Some cant be washed, but those are generally cheaper because you have to replace them not wash them. They are all pretty much the same functionality wise though if you keep them clean
Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 PM

Mines an oil (wet). I cleaned it last night and oiling it today, just honestly wondering how often it needs to be done. At any rate, happy to have it redone now.

Eventually I may pick up a second wet filter just so the car isn't out of commission for any time while waiting for the filter clean to complete. Like I said, it's a pita to pull out as we had to disconnect almost everything to remove it. Wet or dry, same process....
Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

My advice to you as a mechanic if its in a small low car don't crash through puddles, seen lots of water damaged engines with col air intakes. Just my thought but the manufacture pays the engineers a pile of money to design a air intake to work best with the vehicle it's going on. There is only one way to get more air in an engine less filtration. But they work just make sure you tighten all the clams and have fun

360 Reef Tank
Old 01-11-2014, 04:38 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

agreed with the no air filter, just switch it to a turbo and have more fun thats what i did lol although i'm always scared when it rains since i run no filters on my turbo lol
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851
Old 01-11-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
agreed with the no air filter, just switch it to a turbo and have more fun thats what i did lol although i'm always scared when it rains since i run no filters on my turbo lol
Nah, ive got enough hp, not going to add more, I winter drive mine so more would put it in the garage.....considering the winter we've had, engine bay is still pretty clean. I'll run it through the summer as I'm not sure I see any difference with it...
Old 01-11-2014, 04:53 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Nah, ive got enough hp, not going to add more, I winter drive mine so more would put it in the garage.....considering the winter we've had, engine bay is still pretty clean. I'll run it through the summer as I'm not sure I see any difference with it...
nice what do you have?
-concept built 3'x2'x22" full starfire tank with starfire 1 piece eurobrace and built in wave box, 1 jebao wp25, 4 mp10wes, ati led Hybrid 8 bulb fixture, csc 250 skimmer, Magdrive 18 return pump, apex lite, custom sump from concepts, biopellet reactor and carbon and gfo,bubble magnus doser and jbj ato, custom acrylic frag tank with 6 bulb t5
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70851
Old 01-11-2014, 10:19 PM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

I have an EVOMS cold air intake on my Porsche and switched to a dry filter instead of an oiled filter, because if you use too much oil you can damaged you MAF sensor, then I used a Injen HydroShield Pre-Filters over my filter

http://www.injen.com/docs/products/listing.asp?pcc=rp