Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 03-04-2005, 02:57 AM

Keen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Keen Send a message via AIM to Keen Send a message via MSN to Keen Send a message via Yahoo to Keen

the foxface is dead, darnit, must have stayed in the fresh dip just a tiny bit too long. grrrr
Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

33g too small for a foxface. They are major eaters; therefore, major poopers as well (highly scientific terminology being used here - Thank you UBC).

Sorry to hear about your losses.

Anthony
Old 03-04-2005, 03:22 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the foxface. The stress of the dip is usually to much for the fish to handle when they are sick. Sorry to hear about your loss.

So the nasty velvet & ich fight now hey. I HATE velvet and ich is definitely a pain but seems to tag along with Velvet at same time, not uncomon. Especially if you bought the fish from B.A's here in Edmonton.

If you need any help, let me know...be happy to help. As I read every article I could find about Velvet and tried every Cure All product out there. P.S they don't cure. The ONLY thing is copper treatment and keeping it at the same levels for a period of a month. Make sure to test levels. IMO, I found coppersafe to be easy to monitor and WAY more stable.

What copper are you using? Cupramine or Coppersafe?

Btw, Velvet is light sensitive. Keeps lights off or low on tank. Helps to not spread faster until you full dose with copper.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Keen Send a message via AIM to Keen Send a message via MSN to Keen Send a message via Yahoo to Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsworld
The ONLY thing is copper treatment and keeping it at the same levels for a period of a month. Make sure to test levels. IMO, I found coppersafe to be easy to monitor and WAY more stable.

What copper are you using? Cupramine or Coppersafe?

Btw, Velvet is light sensitive. Keeps lights off or low on tank. Helps to not spread faster until you full dose with copper.
Funny enuf, i did buy all my stuff from big al's, but i hadnt bought anything new for my tank for a very long time, so im not sure where the velvet came from. for copper i am using cupramine.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:29 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Velvet is always introduced usually with new tankmates. it is possible it's not velvet and something else or a bad case of ich.

Best of luck with treatment. Remember to test Cupramine quite often as its harder to maintain. Easy to overdose & falls outta solution after time.

Keep us updated. Help here if you need. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

I dont trust those ro machines in the stores , i bought some water a few weeks back and tested it and man what a waste of money. There was alot of junk in there, i took it down to the city and tested it and it was just like getting out of my tap water. i think its a scam my self. will never buy it again unless its a major issue...

My opinion.

mike
Old 03-05-2005, 04:35 AM

I came home from work today and found my clown which i have had for almost 3 years now, dead. before I left for work it looked to me likehis flesh was peeling off his body, and his fins were decaying, so Im not sure what exactly he had, but now that I have absolutly no fish whatsoever, I can leave my tank fishless for a couple months to let the tank have a fallow period. This really sucks the big one, he was my very first marine fish that i ever bought and he had survived 2 moves, and 3 tank changes. Not sure after the fallow period that i will get any fish or not, but if I do, any suggestions for a 38gal tank?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCL H20 REEFER
I dont trust those ro machines in the stores , i bought some water a few weeks back and tested it and man what a waste of money. There was alot of junk in there, i took it down to the city and tested it and it was just like getting out of my tap water. i think its a scam my self. will never buy it again unless its a major issue...

My opinion.

mike
Has anyone else had similiar experiences? or was it maybe just his location that was bad?
Old 03-05-2005, 05:57 AM

Reefhawk1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Reefhawk1
Default Tank

Question for you Keen. When you medicated your fish did you separate them and medicate, or did you medicate in the main tank? If you did medicate in the main tank did you remove rocks and substrate?
Old 03-06-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefhawk1
Question for you Keen. When you medicated your fish did you separate them and medicate, or did you medicate in the main tank? If you did medicate in the main tank did you remove rocks and substrate?

No i quarantined them to a small 10gal tank i had laying around. If i medicated in the main tank, then i would have lost all my snails, crabs, and shrimp, so i had to set up a qt tank. I did put a couple of pieces of live rock in the QT tank, but thats it.