Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road
Default Sickening

Good thing I'm in the hospital, this made me sick to the stomach as I love dogs.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/port...CatID=National

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 PM

Northernseacorals is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Good thing I'm in the hospital, this made me sick to the stomach as I love dogs.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/port...CatID=National
I know eh, I just watched that on the news as well... Totally ****ed me off when I watched the story about the animals.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

No words... only anger...
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

As one who has several Huskies I would personally like to do the same thing to the people that did this. This has me so ****ed off right now I can hardly think straight & it made my wife almost come to tears.

As far as I am concerned murder is murder be it man or animal and I do think they need to bring back the death penalty.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 02-01-2011, 12:52 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Gahh and look how it's turned around, the poor guy HAD to shoot all 100 dogs and now hes claiming workers compensation for PTSD? Reading stuff like this just drives me up the wall, that man deserves to be shot 100 times and then left in the snow to die.

Quote:
"Not long after the events of late April, the employee in question ceased managing the business. This employee continues to get our support as he heals from his injuries and illness."
Quote:
"I live in Whistler BC. I was forced to kill and it has pretty much destroyed my soul....."
I seriously can't even read this BS, how can anyone truthfully say they were "forced to kill" when the only disincentive is a lack of cash in there pocket. Human kind has a major superiority complex, I agree with killing for food but to remove 100 lives from existence because they were slowing profits is absurd.

Perhaps Socrates was onto something when he inferred Democracy and it's pursuit of cashola was next in line to Tyranny.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:08 AM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

you have to lay most of the blame with the industry though. I'm sure with some hard work you could rehabilate a couple of them to become family dogs but for the most part these dogs are raised like wild animals and treated as such. People have to stop supporting STUPID tourist attractions like dog sledding to ensure animals are never raised in these types of setups. Think of Greyhounds and racing - once they are past their prime its the needle or a home if they can find one - which is tough cause the dogs usually have some medical issues after being raced so hard for so long and most pet insurance programs wont insure these breeds against breed specific ailments.

I agree with everyone here but we have to put our foot down. Animals should be raised as pets and never as workers for once their is no work there is no unemployment line for them. They are considered physical assets. Do your part and never participate in anything like dog races, dog sledding, etc. Once demand dwindles - things like this will cease to occur.

I am truly saddened by the events that transpired in Whistler and hopefully with all the media attention some justice is served.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 AM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

What about all the animals that are put down by the people making the big stink? Humane societies, and PETA put unwanted dogs and cats down all the time! In fact PETA members have been charged and convicted in the States for doing it.

Not saying it is right, just adding something to think about.

Now where did I put my Nomex coveralls?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:53 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

I don't know what to think, alot of good points have been maybe. I obviously don't agree how the dogs were dealt with and the donkey who started the business was very short sited about where things could eventually end up. We are at the the top of the food chain and take way too many liberties with everything below us....Hybrid canola, Steriod injected beef, labradoodles, Blood Parrot fish, Glow tetras.. injected with die.. Ligers!! WTF is up with those!!....Do we really need more hybridization of animals and our food??? What really ****es me off are farmers... well they aren't real farmers. that let cattle starve in the winter due lack of money/brains to feed them.. swallow the pride, send them to auction, give them away...do something don't just sit in the house wooing poor me poor me...holy crap I'm a bit cranked up...
Old 02-01-2011, 01:57 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
What about all the animals that are put down by the people making the big stink? Humane societies, and PETA put unwanted dogs and cats down all the time! In fact PETA members have been charged and convicted in the States for doing it.

Not saying it is right, just adding something to think about.

Now where did I put my Nomex coveralls?
last year the calgary SPCA did not put down one dog. At least those societies (spca, can't vouch for PETA) at least try to re-home the animals instead of an earlier death sentence.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

Now where did I put my Nomex coveralls?[/quote]

what's the coverall "crack" about there backwoods?