Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-06-2012, 03:56 AM

vaporize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vaporize

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Ha, ha, yeah. It's been mentioned more than once in this thread that we're spoiled in BC as far as hydro rates go. Check the link in post #54. It's a great comparison snap shot of rates across the country. Normally the standing joke for BC is "Bring Cash", so why shouldn't we get a break on one of the little necessities in life? Probably wouldn't be running a marine tank if I was living elsewhere. Other good choices are Manitoba & Quebec if you're looking for the lowest rates.
good luck getting those BC view & weather in Quebec or Manitoba ~

Being in Ontario, I remembered the first bill I got after smart meter was crazy like $1200 (from ~ $600), scared the hell out of me.
Red Sea, Black Saddleback, Brown Camel, Orange Fin, Melanistic Clarkii, Common Clarkii, True Percula, True Picassco, Pink Skunk, Orange Skunk, Maldives Clown, TRUE Sebae clown, Akin Clown, Gold Striped Maroon, White Striped Maroon, Latezonatus
Old 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
It appears the well compensated union person that read my good old analog meter on Feb 02 has made an error. I sure hope he/she has, since I almost fell off my chair when I read the bottom line! It was close to 3 times higher than normal. Due to the apparent error I've exceeded the Step 1 billing threshold of 1308kW.h @ $0.06670/kW.h by a significant margin & have the priviledge of being billed Step 2 to the tune of 1733kW.h @ $0.09620/kW.h. A fair chunk of change when it's a surprise like this.
This won't matter anymore with smart meters, but... if you contact BC Hydro, they can flag your account to be sent out the meter reading schedule at the beginning of every year. Then the day before each reading, you can go out and read your own meter, call in the reading (I think it's an automated prompt), and it'll update your account with your meter reading. Now this won't prevent the union guy from reading it wrong, but it will keep your account properly updated and avoid estimates.