Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

If there is nothing wrong with them, then why are some County's putting a hault on them? Have you looked a the findings of these Smart Meter's. What a crock of S**T. Our goverment got swindled it to these, 3.9 BILLION Of our tax money going to the states and many jobs lost, never mind the health concerns. Thanks TimT for pointing that out. Our meters work fine, why fix something that isn't broke? Grow opps will find away around these anyways. No matter what Hydro says, they know where the powers goes. If we don't stand up, the CROOKS get richer and we the people get screwed.

We all need to reasearch this like i have. I have given you some direction, now make your decisions. I personly like to keep our money and jobs here.

Last edited by no_bs; 01-30-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:16 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Once again internet roomers and some inaccurate you-tube videos has got a bunch of people in a big fuss over nothing.
You wonder if they actually believe this stuff, or are they just trolling to have sport with all the "thick skulls" and "sheep" out there, who can't think for themselves, or don't want to.

It's like the pipeline stuff. They've got "some" people believing that is safer to ship oil and gasoline by trucks and trains than a brand new state of the art pipeline. And instead bring more oil across from our great friends in Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:17 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_bs View Post
If there is nothing wrong with them, then why are some states putting a hault on them?
what states have halted them?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 PM

no_bs is on a distinguished road

Sorry, meant County. Edited post. None the less, it starts at the bottom. Read down the page.
http://www.citizensforsafetechnology...vernments,25,0
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Are you just talking about the counties in California??
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
The issue of Smart Meters is that they needlessly emit a lot of RF radiation which kills plants and drives away the birds, bats and the bees.
Has anyone seriously looked at one of those spectrum charts from the FCC or Industry Canada lately? God, every last slice of wireless spectrum is full of RF transmitting to all our homes from space and terrestrial transmitters! I'd be more worried about the cell phone tower down the street (which I'm not) or an Al-Jazeera TV satellite than smart meters!

This is from 2003: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/p...3-allochrt.pdf

Quote:
Also anyone with an RF reader can tell when someone is home so they know when to rob you blind.
Because it's much easier to do this than scope out your house for 10 minutes to see if anyone is home or not? And besides, all of us reefers will have no problem if this is true since all our halide's and pumps will surely make the thieves think someone is home!

Quote:
They will drive anyone nuts who has extreme electrical/magnetic sensitivity. If going under high voltage lines bothers you a smart meter will drive you nuts.
That's why these people can move out into the boonies, or even: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...dio_Quiet_Zone

(Ok, a little harsh. But these people have bigger worries right now, like Wi-fi and Cell phones which are MUCH stronger signals).

Quote:
There is also other technology that can be used to get the info... ethernet over the neutral line. Similar to X10 control systems.
Ya, but Hydro chose the cheaper wireless method instead. Otherwise all the transformers on the grid would need upgrading to allow the communication to pass through. Much like Shaw/Rogers had to do back in the early 2000's to allow two way communication on their cable network.

Quote:
The company(Corix) that does the smart meter installs are not using licensed electricians. There is already cases of houses burning down due to an improper install of a smart meter.
Perfect, save some more $$! I would assume they are well trained individuals otherwise Worksafe BC wouldn't be letting them do the work. I'd be more concerned about all the home owners of the province installing their own power outlets or changing out light switches.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

This is a perfect example of the internet making an expert out of everyone. I wouldn't go to my dentist for medical advice or a fresh water fish store for information about corals. They may be educated and even be considered experts but they are not experts in this field.

I will put much more weight on recomendations from the World Health Orgrganization than the Citizens for Safe Technology whose director Una St.Clair-Moniz has never published a scientific paper and is part of the " holistic parents hub" who seem to be into naturopathy, homeopathy anti-vaccine and other fallacies.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 PM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

The only complaint I have with them is the added cost of the electricity.
If I move all use to the night period, except for fridge/freezer etc... I will be paying more than I am now.
However, I don't want to eat only at night or watch TV or listen to the radio while I'm sleeping.
February Rates
7pm until 7am $.062/kWh
11am until 5pm $.092/kWh
7am until 11am and 5pm until 7pm $.108/kWh
Old Rates
$.068 for first 600kWh and $.079 over 600kWh
Interim time of use bill (lower intro rate) for 2094kWh was $161.54 and would have cost $158.85 under the old billing, and with the February 1 full rate for TOU it would be up to $206.76 which ends up being a 30% increase.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
If I move all use to the night period, except for fridge/freezer etc... I will be paying more than I am now.
However, I don't want to eat only at night or watch TV or listen to the radio while I'm sleeping.
February Rates
7pm until 7am $.062/kWh
11am until 5pm $.092/kWh
7am until 11am and 5pm until 7pm $.108/kWh
Old Rates
$.068 for first 600kWh and $.079 over 600kWh
Interim time of use bill (lower intro rate) for 2094kWh was $161.54 and would have cost $158.85 under the old billing, and with the February 1 full rate for TOU it would be up to $206.76 which ends up being a 30% increase.
That's good info. BC Hydro has been quite adamant that they have no plans for time of day based billing. However, once the meters are in, the door is open & I'm hoping they'll be truer to their word than some of the politicians holding office these days.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
Fortunately they're not talking about time of day billing for us here in BC. Now that's not to say after the next election, the next government (or same government) could change their minds.

But I think because BC isn't a very big importer of electricity, then we don't have to worry too much about peak demands as we can handle the provincial load pretty well. Especially with new generation capacity coming online over the next little while (Mica and Revelstoke upgrades, IPP's, northern wind farm, etc). And in the next 5 to 10 years, we can potentially see Site C coming online.