Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

I mix a bunch of fish food together thawed out and then pour the mix into the mini ice cube trays you get at the dollar store then freeze it and pop them all out and toss them in a big ziplock

Easy to thaw and ready to feed

Also awesome for tank sitters to tell them to defrost one or two cubes and just feed that

just my 2 cents
Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 PM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
I mix a bunch of fish food together thawed out and then pour the mix into the mini ice cube trays you get at the dollar store then freeze it and pop them all out and toss them in a big ziplock

Easy to thaw and ready to feed

Also awesome for tank sitters to tell them to defrost one or two cubes and just feed that

just my 2 cents
I do the same, but I thaw/rinse each type of food in water and then strain out the food. Amazing how much Dirty" water is left behind. Since some of the food is already frozen and I will be freezing mine I add selcon and some other vitamins,garlic etc because it is fairly common knowledge that freezing any kind of foods (human or fish)reduces the nutritional value
I have used the "dirty" water to feed corals etc. it seems to be good, but does raise the phosphates, so I spot feed small amounts

another 2 cents worth