Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 PM

Tiansho is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Aquatronica Controller (ACQ 115) Review Part I

This review is based only in my experience. I bought the controller because I wanted to have more control over my new 80 Gallon tank. I have been in the hobby for about 3 yrs now and I love it.

I bought Aquatronica due to the convenience and I saw the post from Oceanview Enterprise about aquatronica offering a great controller to the market. $$$ helped spark my interest as well.

I will not compare to Apex or any controller because I have no experience with those controllers.

I am currently using (ACQ 115) DELUXE AQUARIUM CONTROLLER EVOLUTION KIT which contains the basic unit, the power unit (8 plugs), Salinity probe, PH Probe, Float sensor, Redox probe and Temp sensor. I also bought the PC Interface and Ethernet Module.

Set up of the controller was a bit confusing at first, due to my lack of experience with controllers and sensors. I used the Aquatronica site, with all their downloadable manuals to help me through my set up.

The PC software is user friendly (opinion). I barely use the basic controller, all my programming is done through my PC.

I still have to set up my e-mail alerts and remote access.

PH, Temp and Salinity are lab grade probes and work great. You can change your units output. I currently Use Celsius for Temp and PPT for salinity. Aquatronica advises to Calibrate your probes every two or three months, on which I am planning to do.

I will post pictures in Part II of the Review.

If you are thinking of getting the unit, Eric from Oceanview is a wonderful person to deal with. Also, if you are new to controllers as I am, ask or buy for as many probe holders as sensors. (already looking for some holders for my unit)
Old 05-08-2016, 09:38 AM

robbyG is on a distinguished road

The Temp probe really does not need calibration, if you do an initial calibration make sure your reference is within .3 deg F accuracy or you might be making the accuracy worst. I calibrated mine only once in 11 years and a recent test shows it's still dead on. The salinity probe needs calibration only about once every 6 months and even then it will only be off by a very small amount.
pH and ORP require cleaning and calibration once every two months if they are kept in a low flow dark area. If not every month is better.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 PM

lyall12 is on a distinguished road

You beat me to a review on the 115. Been trying to find the time to write something up for the past month.

I've had mine up and running for just over a month now and love it. I did get the pc and web interface as I like to use my computer to modify and monitor if I can.

I found the setup really easy and adjustable. I've reconfigured it a few times. Started with the level sensor as main controller for top off, then a back up level for actual top off system, now have it set as a skimmer shut off for a DIY skimmate locker.

Being able to program the arrow keys is also great. Currently only have one set to turn off most things while I do a water change from the sump.

Feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what the controller can do.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:54 AM

Tiansho is on a distinguished road

Yes, i love my controller. I just ordered their dosing pumps. I want to try them with the controller to those calcium and alk. I might use the third pump for an auto top off with the level sensor as they are independent and programable.

Will post a review as soon as i play with it . I love the 115. I think is enough with the pc interface for control.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Reyphox is on a distinguished road

Where do you pick these up from?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2017, 08:04 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyphox View Post
Where do you pick these up from?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Click on Oceanview Enterprises in the vendor forum