Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

But back on topic, Mindy, ya, you'll have a blast!!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:40 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I can understand that "Me time" thing...Also living in Calgary I don't get much outdoor cardio in the winter/early spring except the occasion days snowboarding. So doing cardio at the gym is a good habit for me.

Yeah I'll Google that guy for sure! I tried out P90X for a bit, but found that I'm not self disciplined enough to do it at home, I just don't push myself unless others are around. So sometimes I do the ripped or extremely ripped classes at my gym which is freaking insane!! Talisman centre in Calgary has got some awesome group finesses classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ya, I guess my ideal woman has a 6 pack -lol

Cardio is important, but I try to keep mine to sprints or intervals. I can link you a workout that will leave you on the floor trying to keep your heart from bursting out of your chest that takes about 20 minutes, all in the squat rack.

I do love running, just for the "me time" I get from it, but I have to make sure I'm prepped nutritionally so that I don't burn muscle tissue doing it (fairly common problem with long duration steady state cardio).

If you're really interested in this stuff, look up some podcasts by Phil Learney, great coach that trains a lot of rugby players.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ya, I guess my ideal woman has a 6 pack -lol
I have a 6 pack...............I keep it in my fridge

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 09-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

They opened a crossfit place here in Lloydminster, where I am doing a rotating shift for a few months. I was really considering joining, but it would be like my third gym membership! so ummm I think 2 is enough!!

But yeah one of the group fitness classes I was doing got me into shape very quickly! Just remember diet is still super important to acheiving your fitness goals, I typically get into the mindset of "Oh I am working out, so I can eat whatever I want" which doesn't work at all for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Who on here is doing CrossFit? I know there are a few of you...

I just joined last week. I signed up for 4 months so either I'm going to die or I'm going to get fit.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Perfect!!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth81 View Post
Just remember diet is still super important to acheiving your fitness goals, I typically get into the mindset of "Oh I am working out, so I can eat whatever I want" which doesn't work at all for me!
Ya, good advice, and it doesn't really work for most people unless they're genetic freaks!
Nutrition determines if you grow, lose weight, lose body fat (not the same as losing weight). What you eat, when you eat it are very important details of getting into better shape. And to make it more fun, these details are different for everyone -lol
Old 09-15-2013, 04:09 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth81 View Post
F
Just remember diet is still super important to acheiving your fitness goals,
^^what she said
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Old 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Just a guy..

Ok, Mindy is back online, you're all in trouble for hijacking her thread. Run away.....
Old 09-15-2013, 04:12 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ya, good advice, and it doesn't really work for most people unless they're genetic freaks!
Nutrition determines if you grow, lose weight, lose body fat (not the same as losing weight). What you eat, when you eat it are very important details of getting into better shape. And to make it more fun, these details are different for everyone -lol
Well said, most people don't eat enough thinking they will loose weight. They tend to only burn muscle...need foods to repair. Fuel think of it as fuel
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.ald View Post
Well said, most people don't eat enough thinking they will loose weight. They tend to only burn muscle...need foods to repair. Fuel think of it as fuel
Yup, dead on. Too few nutrients causes down regulation of all the hormones you want ramped up to build muscle and burn fat. Most people hit a stall, eat less, do more and then get no results. Success is driven by food, eat a lot, but eat well.