Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-22-2009, 04:04 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties
Wink 2012 The end of the world...

A friend called me this morning and we were chatting about politics and such. I mention humanity is pretty much destined to destroy itself, and my friend mentioned it is supposed to happen in 2012. I laughed about it since how many times have we heard this already.

So I am home alone this fine Saturday night and decided to look into it... I was surprised about all the info there is and much of it is not alarmist... So here are some tidbits I found because I am a loser and have nothing better to do on a Saturday night.

Mayan Calendar Ends on December 21, 2012

Mayans were the first people to predict the end of the world in 2012. They were notorious for their highly accurate astrological tools they built out of stone and for bloodthirsty sacrificing of Virgins.

Mayans calculated the length of the lunar moon thousands of years ago - according to their calculations, the lunar moon lasts 329.53020 days - which is only inaccurate by 34 seconds. If Mayans were able to calculate the length of Lunar Cycle so accurately thousands of years ago, is it possible that their calculation of the end of the world - which according to their calculations falls on December 21, 2012 - is also that accurate?

Sun Storms Reach its Peak in 2012

Scientists studying solar energy and the behavior of the Sun have noticed that the Sun Storms have been radiating the Earth with so much deadly energy, many of human made satellites and power grids have been knocked out as results of this radiation. The calculations suggest that this solar activity is going to get worse and its peak will be reached in 2012.

Religions, Bible, I-Ching, Hindu - All Warn Us About 2012

It’s not only scientists that are coming with warnings regarding the end of the world, but also religions of all sorts say the same. Western book of all books – Bible, representing Christians reveals that the battle between Goon and Evil “Armageddon” has been set to take place in 2012. Chinese Book of Changes also known as I-Ching also mentions 2012 as the year of the end of the world. Hindu teachings suggest the very same thing.

Yellowstone Volcano Will Erupt in 2012

The Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone National Park in the US is world famous for its thermal springs which sit right above the world’s largest volcano. The pattern of erupting the Yellowstone volcano has been following repeats itself every 650 thousand years. For whatever reason, the volcano is past overdue with its eruption, but the pressure in its depths is building and the geologists predict that it will go off in 2012 with a massive bang, filling the sky with thick layers of ash, potentially blocking the sun and throwing the Earth into a 15 000 years long freezing winter.

Poles Will Shift in 2012

The Earth is protected from Sun’s radiations by the magnetic field that surrounds it. The North and the South poles of the Earth Swap places every 750 thousands years or so. When pole swapping occurs, the magnetic field disappears often for as long as hundred years exposing the planet to the radiation of the Sun that is so strong it will burn the skin crisp in seconds. Right now, the pole swapping is overdue about 30 000 years from its usual pattern. However, scientists are noticing that the poles are starting to shift faster and faster, moving about 25 kilometers every year, which is much faster than has ever been recorded before. This is likely a sign of the pole shift coming very, very soon. Scientists are estimating that the pole shift will take place in… you guessed it – year 2012.

So what do you all think... maybe I won't do my taxes for the next few years...
Old 02-22-2009, 04:10 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
A friend called me this morning and we were chatting about politics and such. I mention humanity is pretty much destined to destroy itself, and my friend mentioned it is supposed to happen in 2012. I laughed about it since how many times have we heard this already.

So I am home alone this fine Saturday night and decided to look into it... I was surprised about all the info there is and much of it is not alarmist... So here are some tidbits I found because I am a loser and have nothing better to do on a Saturday night.

Mayan Calendar Ends on December 21, 2012

Mayans were the first people to predict the end of the world in 2012. They were notorious for their highly accurate astrological tools they built out of stone and for bloodthirsty sacrificing of Virgins.

Mayans calculated the length of the lunar moon thousands of years ago - according to their calculations, the lunar moon lasts 329.53020 days - which is only inaccurate by 34 seconds. If Mayans were able to calculate the length of Lunar Cycle so accurately thousands of years ago, is it possible that their calculation of the end of the world - which according to their calculations falls on December 21, 2012 - is also that accurate?

Sun Storms Reach its Peak in 2012

Scientists studying solar energy and the behavior of the Sun have noticed that the Sun Storms have been radiating the Earth with so much deadly energy, many of human made satellites and power grids have been knocked out as results of this radiation. The calculations suggest that this solar activity is going to get worse and its peak will be reached in 2012.

Religions, Bible, I-Ching, Hindu - All Warn Us About 2012

It’s not only scientists that are coming with warnings regarding the end of the world, but also religions of all sorts say the same. Western book of all books – Bible, representing Christians reveals that the battle between Goon and Evil “Armageddon” has been set to take place in 2012. Chinese Book of Changes also known as I-Ching also mentions 2012 as the year of the end of the world. Hindu teachings suggest the very same thing.

Yellowstone Volcano Will Erupt in 2012

The Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone National Park in the US is world famous for its thermal springs which sit right above the world’s largest volcano. The pattern of erupting the Yellowstone volcano has been following repeats itself every 650 thousand years. For whatever reason, the volcano is past overdue with its eruption, but the pressure in its depths is building and the geologists predict that it will go off in 2012 with a massive bang, filling the sky with thick layers of ash, potentially blocking the sun and throwing the Earth into a 15 000 years long freezing winter.

Poles Will Shift in 2012

The Earth is protected from Sun’s radiations by the magnetic field that surrounds it. The North and the South poles of the Earth Swap places every 750 thousands years or so. When pole swapping occurs, the magnetic field disappears often for as long as hundred years exposing the planet to the radiation of the Sun that is so strong it will burn the skin crisp in seconds. Right now, the pole swapping is overdue about 30 000 years from its usual pattern. However, scientists are noticing that the poles are starting to shift faster and faster, moving about 25 kilometers every year, which is much faster than has ever been recorded before. This is likely a sign of the pole shift coming very, very soon. Scientists are estimating that the pole shift will take place in… you guessed it – year 2012.

So what do you all think... maybe I won't do my taxes for the next few years...

I think i better "PARTY HEARTY" while I can. And get my ass to Africa to see the Serengeti like I've been promising myself for the last 5 years.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:27 AM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Excellent, I just bought a new house, guess I'll get to cheat the bank out of 27 years worth of mortgage payments!! Oh and note to self - buy sunscreen
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

We live in VERY interesting time.
Exciting for sure. a lot of people talking about pole shift, 11-11, planet X, RFID chips, HAARP(Russians have woodpecker system), end of there world.
One thing for sure, it is end of the world as we know it!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 AM

I just never really knew anything about this at all. I can only wonder about how many people have dug themselves shelter underground with canned goods that will last forever. For me, if this would happen, I would rather die then hide underground trying to exist.

First it was nuclear bombs, then aliens, asteroids and now this... I just wish I knew for sure so I would pay my bills and see the world for awhile before it ended. You know foreclosures, repo men and tax collectors would work until we burned up taking all out stuff.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

...stuff like this used to scare the b-jezus out of me. Now I kind of take everything with a grain of salt. Y2K never REALLY was a big deal, the asteroid never hit (although, realistically I think this is the most realistic end-of-days scenario in my mind)

Interesting read, but not too sure it'll ever ammount to anything LOL
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 AM

Well you gave me more stuff to sink my teeth into on a Saturday night... I really am pathetic.... I have no idea of what most of this stuff you mentioned really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
We live in VERY interesting time.
Exciting for sure. a lot of people talking about pole shift, 11-11, planet X, RFID chips, HAARP(Russians have woodpecker system), end of there world.
One thing for sure, it is end of the world as we know it!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:12 AM

Lydia is on a distinguished road
Default 2012

My teenage son has been freaked out about this for quite awhile now. He's asked several times for permission to build a bunker I think it's very widespread and hyped in the teen domain... I remind him how we all worried about Y2K when he was 10, and nothing happened. Let's hope this is the same :P

Meanwhile I guess we shouldn't sweat the hit on our RRSPs, eh? We might never get the chance to use them - LOL
Old 02-22-2009, 05:32 AM

IN my childhood and teens it was nuclear war. Remember Red Dawn and all the other movies out there. It scared me pretty bad as a child. Its sad to see it happening in the newer generations as well. I would love to know what your son thinks is going to happen exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
My teenage son has been freaked out about this for quite awhile now. He's asked several times for permission to build a bunker I think it's very widespread and hyped in the teen domain... I remind him how we all worried about Y2K when he was 10, and nothing happened. Let's hope this is the same :P

Meanwhile I guess we shouldn't sweat the hit on our RRSPs, eh? We might never get the chance to use them - LOL
Old 02-22-2009, 05:32 AM

golf nut is on a distinguished road

2012 ,

Perfect, I should have all my credit cards maxed out by then.